Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

2 hours ago, Miyn said:

Have they headlined the other stage before? That was part of the info I think, which is why some people were ruling the act out of doing Glasto, as all the other headline slots are probably taken.

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

They headlined JP last so 0 chance they will headline other.

He didn't say anything about headlining it this year. He said he “thinks” the band who are announcing a tour have headlined the Other Stage before. Could easily be them as it seemed an obvious slot for them for years.

Edit: And the thing about being ruled out of Glasto was just about LCD Soundsystem. He said the tour dates point to Glasto and we were discussing that if it’s LCD then they can’t play as they’re exclusive to Bilbao BBK and Al Doyle has said they’re not playing on Twitter.

Edited by Somto Unigwe Raphael

23 minutes ago, PolygonWindow said:

But then back for Mad Cool. 

Could fly bck Fri and play Sun maybe ?

Apols, forgot to reply directly @the wonderwhy!

I dunno where this has come from but it’s really not that uncommon for artists to play all over the shop and still turn up at Glastonbury. I’m confused why an act playing in Spain on one of the days or a few days after now rules acts out?

I’m pretty sure Ellie Goulding when she last played was doing three dates in a row in different countries. This is only an issue for headliners but for smaller bands I don’t think it’s an issue at all.

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

I dunno where this has come from but it’s really not that uncommon for artists to play all over the shop and still turn up at Glastonbury. I’m confused why an act playing in Spain on one of the days or a few days after now rules acts out?

I’m pretty sure Ellie Goulding when she last played was doing three dates in a row in different countries. This is only an issue for headliners but for smaller bands I don’t think it’s an issue at all.

Hence why I’ve said what I said?

Edited by PolygonWindow

1 hour ago, chazwwe said:

Yves Tumor playing on the Thursday before is a pain. Would fly out Friday play Sunday at the earliest be possible? Seeing them in the JP tent (for darkness) or somewhere on the park is needed. 

It’d definitely be possible. Sure we’ve had acts appear with similar routes previously, but understandably not that often.