Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

36 minutes ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

So ready for Foals 2022 talk.. 

I’m coming round to the idea of Kings of Leon headlining again at some point. I haven’t seen them since 2010, and the set list wouldn’t be too ‘sex on fire’ era heavy.

But would presumably feature more of the garbage they’ve produced since.

Would happily see a set featuring only albums 1-3 though. 

3 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

Millemcolin at Slam Dunk again along with Bad Religion most likely.

JEW back at Trees if it's cancelled.

Rise Against are natural booking again for Download.

BMTH I think will get another Glastonbury slot but Reading should probably take the punt on them at a time when it will sell out.

30 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Im sure somebody is going to argue that Bring Me The Horizon should be an Other Stage headliner.

They’ve played twice and both times were midway down so they’re presumably happy with the lower than usual slot if it means they get to play the festival. They’re not gonna go asking for a higher slot that they probably won’t get.

25 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

Don’t forget that , Emily had said for the 50th , they were going to run pyramid level acts on the other stage ! Two rock slots ? Bring on the Foo’s 

She specifically said that about the OS headliners and then it turned out she was talking absolute nonsense. Not that there couldn’t be more huge secret names across the weekend - I think we were all expecting it - but that particular statement from her was dispelled as soon as Fatboy Slim was revealed to be headlining the OS.

On 4/20/2021 at 2:51 PM, TheSheriff said:

Drive-By Truckers around next summer... Would say Black Deer Festival is a dead cert. 

159028F8-F244-44D5-B7B3-B6F52930C534.jpeg

Bugger, that Glasgow gig is when I’m working. Would really like to see them again, ideally at the Big G.

On 4/22/2021 at 2:17 PM, Andy0808 v5 said:

So ready for Foals 2022 talk.. 

I’m coming round to the idea of Kings of Leon headlining again at some point. I haven’t seen them since 2010, and the set list wouldn’t be too ‘sex on fire’ era heavy.

I saw them in 2018 in Glasgow. Wasn’t expecting much but it was our first chance for a night out after baby number 2 and we don’t live far from Bellahouston Park. Really enjoyed it, they don’t say much but they played about 25 songs, barely stopped. Plenty off the first 3 albums. Turns out there’s some good songs on their last 2 albums too(as well as some dreadful ones). Are they a Glastonbury headliner these days though? Feels like they’re due and they’ve got the setlist but almost 0 stage presence. 

20 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

She specifically said that about the OS headliners and then it turned out she was talking absolute nonsense. Not that there couldn’t be more huge secret names across the weekend - I think we were all expecting it - but that particular statement from her was dispelled as soon as Fatboy Slim was revealed to be headlining the OS.

Fat boy slim always sounded like a replacement to me. Dua and PSB could be argued to be “pyramid level” but it’s a stretch.

I wonder if FBS was a replacement for someone else they had in mind. Always sounded like a strange choice for an other headliner when you could get him on a much smaller stage without issue.

6 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Fat boy slim always sounded like a replacement to me. Dua and PSB could be argued to be “pyramid level” but it’s a stretch.

I wonder if FBS was a replacement for someone else they had in mind. Always sounded like a strange choice for an other headliner when you could get him on a much smaller stage without issue.

I always felt like they were probably gonna have a fairly big band (Biffy Clyro?) play a full set before FBS, have it as like a sort of co-headliner thing

7 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

or they were rewarding Fatboy with a bigger stage than he normally does because of his dedication and no fees and all that hes given the festival over the years , psb have played pyramid so would be that level although it was quite a long time ago 

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

or they were rewarding Fatboy with a bigger stage than he normally does because of his dedication and no fees and all that hes given the festival over the years

If they were rewarding Fatboy Slim for playing for free then there's a long list after him...

But yes, you're right. He was an Other headliner and would have drawn an appropriate crowd for one. Now it's not the 50th anymore, the moment might be over for that, but it was true of the planned 2020 lineup.

Edited by dentalplan

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

If they were rewarding Fatboy Slim for playing for free then there's a long list...

But yes, you're right. He was an Other headliner and would have drawn an appropriate crowd for one. Now it's not the 50th anymore, the moment might be over for that, but it was true of the planned 2020 lineup.

im not sure .... it depends if they want to take it off him ... that would be a very tough shout .... if some of the others get to keep the headline slots ... wouldn't want to make that decision