Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

13 hours ago, addicted2noise said:

I wouldn't take it as confirmation just yet, I think it's gotten to the point where acts are booking UK tours around Glastonbury in the hopes of getting booked.

This! Bigger acts fair enough having GSH, but I would imagine a lot of GSH's are created with the hope of being asked. Then filled at a later date... or the bands want to go to Glastonbury themselves. 

2 hours ago, Super Johnny Fos said:

I would LOVE this on the farm. 

And that's why Slam Dunk or Download don't have them. I'll be at Brixton 100%. Even if that means I've got to drive to London with a car packed full of festival gear and drive from London to Glastonbury after the gig.

19 minutes ago, HamishA. said:

image.png.83ca45876d5f78541adf30d4c0216dbb.png

The Sunday is alright for top lines but nothing for me overall but I don't expect it. 

I do however think Glastonbury are going to jumo on Halsey.

Bad Religion or likely doing Slam Dunk or Download.

I can see Fred Again being book for WHs headliner and Other headliner back to back years.

The Mars Volta would be ace.

Bleachers for Glastonbury maybe.

3 hours ago, Super Johnny Fos said:

Dammit, just checked and Rancid are at Festivals all over Glastonbury weekend ;-( 

Hopefully the Bronx can make it though. 

They have the Friday free so it's not impossible, especially as they won't have a huge production set up to lug around. Potentially early Other Stage like Dropkick Murphy's a few years back? It'd be an amazing addition and I always think they're a great fit.

Have seen pretty much all the big hitters in punk since I started going to gigs in 2002 but Rancid are the one band who have always eluded me. Either way I'll be at Brixton, but the prospect of either them or Bad Religion on the farm 👌

2 minutes ago, Familiar2billions said:

They have the Friday free so it's not impossible, especially as they won't have a huge production set up to lug around. Potentially early Other Stage like Dropkick Murphy's a few years back? It'd be an amazing addition and I always think they're a great fit.

Have seen pretty much all the big hitters in punk since I started going to gigs in 2002 but Rancid are the one band who have always eluded me. Either way I'll be at Brixton, but the prospect of either them or Bad Religion on the farm 👌

Scrap that, getting my dates mixed up. Shame but Brixton will be great!

Leftfield

London Steel Yard, 18 May
Manchester New Century, 19
Manchester New Century, 20
Bristol Marble Factory, 25
Cardiff Great Hall, 26
Bournemouth O2 Academy, 27
Glasgow Barrowland, 01 June
Newcastle NX, 02
Wolvhermapton The Civic At The Halls, 03
Sheffield O2 Academy, 08
Norwich UEA The Nick Rayns LCR, 09

1 minute ago, zahidf said:

Leftfield

London Steel Yard, 18 May
Manchester New Century, 19
Manchester New Century, 20
Bristol Marble Factory, 25
Cardiff Great Hall, 26
Bournemouth O2 Academy, 27
Glasgow Barrowland, 01 June
Newcastle NX, 02
Wolvhermapton The Civic At The Halls, 03
Sheffield O2 Academy, 08
Norwich UEA The Nick Rayns LCR, 09

They’re also playing Bristol Sounds on the Saturday of Glasto so seem very likely for Friday or Sunday.

8 minutes ago, gfa said:

That tour isn't screaming Other Stage to me...

A few of those shows, including the Bristol date, were meant to be intimate gigs around the album drop. They were rescheduled due to band illness, sadly.

While maybe not Other, I could see them on the Park or West Holts

Edited by t0paz
Rescheduled, not cancelled

27 minutes ago, jonday81 said:

The Mars Volta would be ace to see at Glastonbury but guess they would be too big as not likely to headline Other Stage and nowhere near big enough for Pyramid. .

Cedric's been fairly vocal about only doing gigs that are worth being away for his kids for, so I don't think the Glastonbury fee would snuff it for them anymore. Imagine they'll be doing a Brixton show or something while they're around.