Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

6 minutes ago, Livvy13 said:

RHCP playing Tottenham Hotspur Stadium on Friday 21st July and Hampden Park on Sunday 23rd July, supported by The Roots and King Princess.

The Roots plssss i am on my knees, West Holts sub/headliner 

• Like 1

That Mad Cool lineup is the worst I’ve seen in years. Just like Primavera, it’s extremely random.

And I’m not a The 1975 fan by any means but even I can agree their placement is strange. I highly doubt it but the thought of them headlining Glastonbury only to be on the undercard below MGK a couple weeks later is very funny.

40 minutes ago, Freddyflintstonree said:

Interesting to see where The 1975 are placed 

26 minutes ago, dreams_burn_down said:

Yeah this really stood out to me - notably below acts who are being discussed as potential Other stage headliners

Its just regional differences. 1975 headlined Sziget in 2019 for instance, have done Reading headline slot twice.

They won't accept Other, they'd have to be mad to imo

1 hour ago, kingcrawler said:

Some interesting names for Mad Cool that I don’t think we’ve seen anywhere yet. Sigur Ros, Lil Nas X, Genesis Owusu and Gayle all seem like possible Glastonbury booking. 

Have the Yeah Yeah Yeahs announced anything yet? I thought they might have popped up at Mad Cool but they seem awfully quiet so far.

YYY’s only have one date in the diary next year, somewhere in The States in May. 

51 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

No. Their production is too big. At the  very least West Holts cause you need screens. Would be fine at Other but of course nobody would think thats possible.

John peel has literally the same size screens as WH ?

1 hour ago, gfa said:

John peel has literally the same size screens as WH ?

Ok, but that doesnt change the fact you couldnt fit their show on the JP stage anyway. An artist thats been playing main stages at festivals and large outdoor venues for the past 18 months isnt going to suddenly neuter their production and shove it into a tent.

3 hours ago, Livvy13 said:

RHCP playing Tottenham Hotspur Stadium on Friday 21st July and Hampden Park on Sunday 23rd July, supported by The Roots and King Princess.

Also playing Tinderbox Festival in Denmark on the Saturday of Glastonbury weekend. Which I think rules them out, not least as Saturday felt like the hardest day to predict (AM feel nailed on for the Friday due to their tour schedule gap while Elton's got the Sunday).

47 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Ok, but that doesnt change the fact you couldnt fit their show on the JP stage anyway. An artist thats been playing main stages at festivals and large outdoor venues for the past 18 months isnt going to suddenly neuter their production and shove it into a tent.

Heaps of artists neuter their production for glastonbury every year - especially those that play lower down the bill.

1 hour ago, gfa said:

Heaps of artists neuter their production for glastonbury every year - especially those that play lower down the bill.

Nah as someone who saw Rufus just 4 days ago he’s right, it’s a big production and the main thing they have going for them. They wouldn’t really fit or work in JP and they wouldn’t play Park with no screens.

Think they’re a potential Other sub maybe - don’t think their particular brand of 00’s style happy clappy singalong dance music is well suited for West Holts.

24 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

Nah as someone who saw Rufus just 4 days ago he’s right, it’s a big production and the main thing they have going for them. They wouldn’t really fit or work in JP and they wouldn’t play Park with no screens.

Think they’re a potential Other sub maybe - don’t think their particular brand of 00’s style happy clappy singalong dance music is well suited for West Holts.

Would they be booked for other sub? Like as in the genre - swear theres not been a dancey other sub remotely recently?

I just checked back to 2014 and not seeing anything - Years and Years this year as close as it gets but that is pretty far off i think

27 minutes ago, gfa said:

Would they be booked for other sub? Like as in the genre - swear theres not been a dancey other sub remotely recently?

I just checked back to 2014 and not seeing anything - Years and Years this year as close as it gets but that is pretty far off i think

Nah, which is why I don’t really think they’ll be booked despite the fact theyre a big touring international act in a year of slim pickings - they just don’t really fit. Other Sub only place I think works but as you say don’t suit that slot.

Maybe pop up for for a DJ set.

Maybe they kind of fit a west holts headliner slot, but it wouldn’t be one I’d endorse.

Edited by MaxPower