Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

3 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I totally agree with you on the sentiment, hell I'd like to see the festival go one better. I appreciate that she has the popularity but does Billie Eilish have the back catalogue to fill a 100 minute headline set? Genuine question btw, I don't actually know. 

She could fill a good 18 song set now, even before the new record comes out. 1 album, 1 ep and a handful of extra singles (not least a bond theme)

29 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

There is no way her agents would accept sub at this point. Borderline stadium act now. And just in the us she has 4 headline slots this year alone.  The only way she subs is if there is a bigger act thats undeniable and you could place such a large name beneath. 

I did include that tbf in my prediction idea

7 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

My question on those Eilish dates is whether she would do 11 UK and Ireland dates and then come back to headline Glastonbury a few weeks later? Feels like overkill to me.

What other major European festivals are taking place that weekend?

No different to a stadium act having done a tour and Glastonbury before. She's not going away. Glastonbury is about 4 days after the last UK one's.

1 minute ago, thewayiam said:

I did include that tbf in my prediction idea

No different to a stadium act having done a tour and Glastonbury before. She's not going away. Glastonbury is about 4 days after the last UK one's.

We shall see, but my bet is she’ll be elsewhere in Europe that weekend.

Oh wait, I checked Lolla Stockholm and they moved to a week later for 2022. And despite Roskilde starting that weekend of Glasto the main music portion is the following week so that doesnt work. Secret Solsitce is that weekend but are they spending the money? I think there are 2 scenarios if she is not in play. There is a BST show that weekend and she is on it or they add on more UK dates and are holding venues til they sell things out next week. 

4 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Oh wait, I checked Lolla Stockholm and they moved to a week later for 2022. And despite Roskilde starting that weekend of Glasto the main music portion is the following week so that doesnt work. Secret Solsitce is that weekend but are they spending the money? I think there are 2 scenarios if she is not in play. There is a BST show that weekend and she is on it or they add on more UK dates and are holding venues til they sell things out next week. 

Can’t see her doing BST straight after four nights at the O2.

23 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Where?

This should be obvious, but a gap doesn't necessarily mean a Festival. There's no shows in plenty of large European cities that could easily be slotted in - Italy and Spain being two glaring omissions from that tour so far and it's unlikely they'll both be skipped entirely. Or maybe a pair of shows in Sweden and Oslo.

1 minute ago, incident said:

This should be obvious, but a gap doesn't necessarily mean a Festival. There's no shows in plenty of large European cities that could easily be slotted in - Italy and Spain being two glaring omissions from that tour so far and it's unlikely they'll both be skipped entirely. Or maybe a pair of shows in Sweden and Oslo.

I’m just getting deja vu to when Taylor's lover dates dropped. 😂

The pop haters working overtime to rule her out 🙂 

one of the biggest artists in the world doing a euro tour loved by Emily clearing her calendar for glasto weekend! Great stuff

Edited by Matt42

Just now, Matt42 said:

I’m just getting deja vu to when Taylor's lover dates dropped. 😂

The pop haters working overtime to rule her out 🙂 

I'm not ruling her out.

I'm just pointing out that she's not automatically ruled in by any sane logic.

I'm not ruling her out.

I'm just pointing out that she's not automatically ruled in by any sane logic.

And I’m not saying she’s 100% confirmed. But she’s more likely at the moment than Paul McCartney 🙂 

(and Taylor and Kendrick) 

Edited by Matt42

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

And I’m not saying she’s 100% confirmed. But she’s more likely at the moment than Paul McCartney 🙂 

(and Taylor and Kendrick) 

We'll see.

If that gap is still there after dates in Spain, Portugal, and Italy (at minimum) are all announced then yes, she starts to look likely.

Until then, you're getting over excited based on a gap in what's almost certainly an incomplete set of dates.

We'll see.

If that gap is still there after dates in Spain, Portugal, and Italy (at minimum) are all announced then yes, she starts to look likely.

Until then, you're getting over excited based on a gap in what's almost certainly an incomplete set of dates.

Dude, getting excited over Glastonbury shaped holes is what this forum is all about.

1 minute ago, jparx said:

Dude, getting excited over Glastonbury shaped holes is what this forum is all about.

Exactly. We’ve had two awful years of none of this. Let us enjoy!

Just admit you hope Paul hasn’t been replaced and move on! X

1 minute ago, jparx said:

Yeah but not usually to the point where someone appears to be about ready to have a heart attack..

Yeah but not usually to the point where someone appears to be about ready to have a heart attack..

We are talking about the possibility of Kendrick, Billie and Taylor in the same year though? On top of Diana Ross, Aerosmith, Nick Cave and potentially Lana Del Rey?

Sounds hospital inducing to me.

2 minutes ago, incident said:

We'll see.

She had festivals lined up in Spain (Mad Cool), Portugal (NOS Alive) and Italy (I-Days) lined up in 2020 so wouldn't be too surprised to see her playing them next year. I think she's definitely a strong possibility as there doesn't seem to be many obvious festivals she can play that weekend and holding back gigs when she's announced what is ostensibly a full tour seems odd but I agree, definitely not guaranteed she'll play Glastonbury yet. 

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Can’t see her doing BST straight after four nights at the O2.

We’re all ears on theories to rule her out then. Like I said, they could be holding more dates in the uk and will put em up after this all sells out. Then there can be an endless argument about how she can or cant play Friday or something cause she has a date the next day or night before and whatnot.

It was nice knowing this was the madness that would ensue after getting the tip off on dates the other night.😉

Personally for me, this makes it easier to avoid the Pyramid on one night and go see some other stuff. I only feel you need to see one of the 3 over the course of the weekend.  But now another question is, is Dua Lipa getting the short end here? Just staying as Other headliner and theyll sort her out in a couple years?

Edited by Suprefan

1 hour ago, kingcrawler said:

She had festivals lined up in Spain (Mad Cool), Portugal (NOS Alive) and Italy (I-Days) lined up in 2020 so wouldn't be too surprised to see her playing them next year. I think she's definitely a strong possibility as there doesn't seem to be many obvious festivals she can play that weekend and holding back gigs when she's announced what is ostensibly a full tour seems odd but I agree, definitely not guaranteed she'll play Glastonbury yet. 

This is the thing. I see a gap, but a gap doesn’t automatically mean an act is nailed on for Glastonbury.