Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

I still feel like there’s a chance Megan is at glasto. It feels like R&L and Parklife just booked whoever was around, (as Parklife booked her as a repeat).

I don’t think Megan is a headline or nothing booking for Glasto. She may play higher than people expect but I don’t think it’s enough to count her out.

Bang average and uninspiring lineup from Parklife. Said it in the other thread, but I guess they’ve realised there’s no point booking all these cool exclusive live acts when they can just book the same ol’ DJs year in year out and people will be happy enough just getting off their nut to that. 

6 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I still feel like there’s a chance Megan is at glasto. It feels like R&L and Parklife just booked whoever was around, (as Parklife booked her as a repeat).

I don’t think Megan is a headline or nothing booking for Glasto. She may play higher than people expect but I don’t think it’s enough to count her out.

We thinking 3rd on the Other Stage? Or am I miss judging how popular she is?

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Pinkpantheress (an artist discovered via tik tok then won BBC sound of) is discourse I will leave to someone else. Expect her to have a prominent slot at G.

Someone on the third line of the Parklife poster is getting a "prominent" slot at Glastonbury? If you say so...

Take out the big names and you've pretty much got the Silver Hayes poster there from what I can see.

Pinkpantheress (an artist discovered via tik tok then won BBC sound of) is discourse I will leave to someone else. Expect her to have a prominent slot at G.

She hasn’t got a very big slot at Parklife though? Surely if anything she’ll be an afternoon JP type of thing

Btw, have absolutely no idea who it is…. Just looking at positions on a poster

5 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Someone on the third line of the Parklife poster is getting a "prominent" slot at Glastonbury? If you say so...

Take out the big names and you've pretty much got the Silver Hayes poster there from what I can see.

Err she’s pretty high up considering she didn’t exist in the scene about a year ago.

Low other stage I reckon.

Err she’s pretty high up considering she didn’t exist in the scene about a year ago.

Low other stage I reckon.

Surely if she's won the BBC Talent award then a high up place on the BBC Introducing stage is the most likely home for her.

As I said, strip out the headliners and most of that will be shunted off to the Silver Hayes area.

1 minute ago, Ddiamondd said:

I'll speak from a relative position of in-the-know here: she's got major chart-bound material with Anz, [redacted] and [redacted] coming out this Spring, heading up magazine covers already, so there's not the slightest chance she's on the Introducing.

Needs the haze and cover of JP for her insular UKG/DnB/R&B hybrids to really work, a lunchtime outdoors slot would be a death knell, as would a late-night stint at Silver Hayes. Reckon there's where she'll land.

Fair enough. Not going to pretend I know enough to argue against that.

12 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Surely if she's won the BBC Talent award then a high up place on the BBC Introducing stage is the most likely home for her.

As I said, strip out the headliners and most of that will be shunted off to the Silver Hayes area.

Haven’t most sound of acts played on either pyramid or other though?

Pinkpantheress is a weird one though because her set will literally be <20-30 mins long. I also think it'll be very weird to be outside when from what I've seen its her and a DJ and she's mainly played small clubs. I think she'll definitely be in a tent but the BBC introducing seems a bit small, she seems to be getting really high billings because she was also like 2nd line at primavera next to like Run the Jewels

4 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Yeah it does all raise a question of how festivals grapple with the TikTok miniaturisation effect. Could be some interesting scheduling choices at Glasto. We're all so used to 40-45 as standard for afternoon slots but even a dozen song setlist won't cover that now if all the tunes are 1.5-2.5min long.

Honey, I Shrunk The Hits

Just give them a stage in SH where they can all just go on one after the other...

The teenager in me would love a 50 Cent greatest hits sets if it was on the table. Can imagine he isn't cheap and not sure where he would even play/if he aligns with the festival at all in terms of music, background etc. 

In Da Club, If I Can't and Hate it or Love it, though. 

2 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Tbf O-Rods wont be much longer either and she's looking at a decent Pyramid slot

Blimey. Just looked up her setlists and yeah, very short. Felt sure she'd pad it with some covers or unreleased tunes. Doesn't look like she's done a "proper" tour yet though, might get some more meat on the bones by the time she hits the road. With the year she's had though, turning up playing 7 songs is probably fine though!