Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

Updated my one pager of artists who are confirmed touring around 2022. I have (in my opinion) squeezed a few on I think are likely to show up. But it’s already looking really smooth so far.

If an act was booked for 2020 and they have confirmed tours I’ve put them straight on.

5550D00C-C181-407F-B253-3AFD73300A5A.png

Edited by Matt42

Just now, Matt42 said:

Updated my one pager of artists who are confirmed touring around 2022. I have (in my opinion) squeezed a few on I think are likely to show up. But it’s already looking really smooth so far.

Slap the 2020 headliners and legend at the top and that’s 👌

10 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

If an act was booked for 2020 and they have confirmed tours I’ve put them straight on.

I should probably add Dua back in 

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

Does moving Dua back in torpedo your Billie prediction though?

Think about it. They wouldn’t clash Dua and Billie, Taylor looks certain so the only act Billie could replace would be Kendrick...

Unless Dua is on the pyramid.

If they’ve lost Lana and Noel - they could have booked Lorde and Dua in their place.

Edited by Matt42

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

Would she sub if she’s close to headlining in her own right?

Going to be genuinely intriguing to find out.

I agree with you that it’s not ideal for her career trajectory, but at the moment there’s no evidence she’s stepped back from the touring circuit. There’s as much evidence she’s rolled over 2020 as any other booking.

Edited by Matt42

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I agree with you that it’s not ideal for her career trajectory, but at the moment there’s no evidence she’s stepped back from the touring circuit. There’s as much evidence she’s rolled over 2020 as any other booking.

Can’t disagree. I fully expected her to step away next year, but there she is. Playing in Spain two weeks before the festival...

The plot thickens.

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Can’t disagree. I fully expected her to step away next year, but there she is. Playing in Spain two weeks before the festival...

The plot thickens.

Is there any weight to the argument that her headlining Primavera may mean she’s keeping her headline bookings quite conservative? She could of headlined a much larger festival like Mad Cool in Spain if she was establishing herself as a major festival headliner?

She may not be trying to headline festivals as big as glasto yet.

Edited by Matt42

12 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Is there any weight to the argument that her headlining Primavera may mean she’s keeping her headline bookings quite conservative? She could of headlined a much larger festival like Mad Cool in Spain if she was establishing herself as a major festival headliner?

She may not be trying to headline festivals as big as glasto yet.

Is Mad Cool much larger?

I think she was always going to be around next summer but that doesn’t mean she has to play Glastonbury. She may well feel she’s big enough to headline now and playing lower down next year might harm her chances of headlining in 2023 or 2024.

2 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Is Mad Cool much larger?

I think she was always going to be around next summer but that doesn’t mean she has to play Glastonbury. She may well feel she’s big enough to headline now and playing lower down next year might harm her chances of headlining in 2023 or 2024.

Only a lineup announcement will solve this!