Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

What makes them a novelty act?

They played the Pyramid 3 years back, so I dunno if I'd expect them to show again.

I've taken up a challenge from Florian Saucer Attack to only say good things about acts for the next week, so can't answer that.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, gfa said:

https://dorset.campbestival.net/line-up

camp bestival announced too 27-30th july so bit far away but still

grace jones, kooks, sophie ellis bextor, craig david ts5, ella henderson, confidence man, sam ryder, mel c and scouting for girls the main names

with Mel C gigging that probably means the spice girls legend slot dream is over for another year

7 minutes ago, p.pete said:

Would you say that's a positive thing?

Dependent on the person.

For example Steve Davis (the ex snooker player) may be trading on his name, but as far as I know he's a proper DJ, so that's a positive. Several big name music stars e.g. Thom Yorke do DJ sets and presumably they do a decent job as they're skilled musicians. I've seen Thom DJ, can't remember a thing about the set, but I did spend an hour or so taking to him after, he's a strange fellow.

On the other side I'm highly suspicious of non-music background celebrities just putting on tunes, something any of us could do.

Edited by Skip997

3 minutes ago, Florian Saucer Attack said:

with Mel C gigging that probably means the spice girls legend slot dream is over for another year

She managed to squeeze solo gigs during their US reunion tour run last time - she's a pretty hard worker!

Although I don't imagine Spice Girls will be at Glastonbury in 2023. 

After how packed Williams Green was for Melanie C's DJ set, hopefully she'll get a proper slot this year.

4 hours ago, TGCarr said:

315517653_3394834594135828_6046512252488

Some belters on there!  Lionel, Grace Jones, Billy Ocean and KATG!  If I'd missed out on Glasto tickets I'd be at this for sure.

Come on G - Billy Ocean PLEASE!!!!!

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Some belters on there!  Lionel, Grace Jones, Billy Ocean and KATG!  If I'd missed out on Glasto tickets I'd be at this for sure.

Come on G - Billy Ocean PLEASE!!!!!

Patiently waiting for better Lionel dates, they're on the opposite side of the UK to where I live and it's pissing me off!

Badly need a Cardiff or Wrexham show again

Seen Lionel 3 times, but would definitely go again.  Such a party and a great front man.  Think he's done his one and out Glasto appearance though sadly.  Unless West Holts fancy having him headline?  That would be belting.

• Upvote 1