Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

5 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

Caroline Polachek was down to play in 2020 as per a New Yorker article and she's playing primavera so I can see her being there. 

Oh really? Missed that. Yeah I reckon she is v likely. Nothing more than a hunch due to who is getting airtime right now.

Edited by Matt42
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Who are some acts that you expect to be there (not necessarily touring around Glastonbury or yet on the circuit?)

- Caroline Polachek

- Rina Sawayama

- Avril Lavigne (maybe? - she’s not playing very high at the festivals she’s doing. Maybe she could slot down early pyramid stage like Carrie Underwood did?)

- GAYLE (seems to be breaking out at the moment. She has a US tour which ends in May so I reckon a European leg would slot in afterwards. Could imagine her somewhere on JP).

- Måneskin (their tour dates make it look like they are in - either lower-mid other stage or JP I reckon).

- Yungblud (hard to place him. I feel like he would get higher billings at places like R&L than he would at glasto. I reckon mid-low other stage?).

Maneskin seem far more likely for other than JP, biggest eurovision winners for a long time. Looks like you just sat on tiktok for 10 minutes to make this list i've got to say 😂

20 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Still don't think they're booking garbage like Maneskin 

I mean do you think they are garbage because of the Eurovision connection? I feel like they have some good tunes and they are a pretty tight band.

They seem to be playing absolutely every festival going this year so I expect them to be at Glastonbury. 

9 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I mean do you think they are garbage because of the Eurovision connection? I feel like they have some good tunes and they are a pretty tight band.

They seem to be playing absolutely every festival going this year so I expect them to be at Glastonbury. 

Nah Eurovision has its place, I just think they're blatantly awful. 

I was surprised they won to be honest, it was a pretty strong field I thought. France were robbed. 

They're properly shit. It's wild when people say 'oh you just think they're rubbish because they came through Eurovision' when, like... would anyone be interested in them if it wasn't for that? Achingly generic tunes and they're even dressed up like Jane's Addiction like it wasn't clear enough they're a *devil horns* rawwwwk band.

Because they are a bit of a novelty at the moment they'll probably get the Babymetal slot and in five years time be a "oh yeah, I forgot about them" for anyone in attendance.

Edited by dentalplan

1 hour ago, the wonderwhy said:

Still don't think they're booking garbage like Maneskin 

Dunno mate they booked BMTH the other year.

55 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

They are utter dogshit.

There are tons of good rock bands about, they’re just not the types of bands who become massive, and that’s perfectly fine. Rock isn’t in the pits, it’s just not that popular at the moment, but that’s not really relevant if you’re not someone who just listens to the radio or whatever.

I could easily fill a day at Glastonbury seeing bands like black midi, Squid, Big Thief, Fontaines D.C., Gilla Band, Turnstile, Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever and have gotten my money’s worth. All bands that are releasing good music at the moment. Doesn’t have to be a new band drawing a massive crowd on the Pyramid for you to enjoy it.

Don’t even have a problem with Maneskin playing a big slot. Shit bands get big slots every year. Look at  Bastille, Years and Years, Royal Blood, Blossoms, TDCC playing the Pyramid in recent years.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, gfa said:

I would like to see Spacey Jane come over from Australia, they are pretty big out there now but having made a dent in the UK yet really

Gang of Youths and Ocean Alley before SJ for me.

Has the Lime Cordiale/Idris Elba collaboration made any impact in the UK? 

1 hour ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Even though they are #cancelled now, the best album released in recent years is You Won’t Get What You Want be Daughters which is as rock as an album can possibly be rock.

Why are they #cancelled? So hard to keep up with it all.

As for bad bands getting big slots at Glastonbury, didn’t The Fratellis sub one year?!

1 minute ago, Ryan1984 said:

Why are they #cancelled? So hard to keep up with it all.

As for bad bands getting big slots at Glastonbury, didn’t The Fratellis sub one year?!

Lingua Ignota released a statement recently saying the person she’d been singing about abusing her on her last album was Alexis Marshall from Daughters. The things detailed in the statement were particularly grim.

Yeah The Fratellis subbed in 2008. To be fair I think A Heady Tale and a few songs from the debut album kinda bang. Wouldn’t mind seeing them open the Other or something for a nostalgic laugh (they were one of the first guitar bands I liked, debut album came out when I was 10).

59 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

Gang of Youths and Ocean Alley before SJ for me.

Has the Lime Cordiale/Idris Elba collaboration made any impact in the UK? 

Would like both of them two, and last dinosaurs + the chats. I hadn't heard of Lime Elba until i saw a poster yesterday so i'd guess probably not

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Ddiamondd said:

They were 3rd the year prior as well, just nudged up a slot for whatever reason. Kasabian repeat subbed in '07 and '09, The Kooks subbed in 2007 off one album. Some dismally uninventive bookings back during peak indie.

The Kooks definitely the winner of worst sub out of this lot.