Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

No Kendrick at Woo Ha

oh yeah, this really is going to be an all time headliner performance. generational. refusing every single festival on the planet will make sing about me so much more potent. i am ready

The only way I can see J Cole playing is if his team approached the festival because they know it would be big for his profile.

I’m not completely ruling it out as he may be headline or nothing at some festivals, but compromise for a show he wants to play.

I really think it would flop though. Might work as an other headliner, but I’d doubt the crowd would really be there. He would do much better playing R&L now they have 6 headline options.

Edited by Matt42

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

The only way I can see J Cole playing is if his team approached the festival because they know it would be big for his profile.

I’m not completely ruling it out as he may be headline or nothing at some festivals, but compromise for a show he wants to play.

I really think it would flop though. Might work as an other headliner, but I’d doubt the crowd would really be there. He would do much better playing R&L now they have 6 headline options.

Glastonbury is the festival that put Nas on the Sonic stage. Nas. One of the greatest lyricists of all time. In that abomination of a tent. 

On 1/21/2022 at 5:41 PM, the wonderwhy said:

this mf'er ain't playing 

Yep. We’ve seen all the festivals he was playing replace him with acts including J. Cole, Imagine Dragons and Dua Lipa.

Sounds to me like Glasto will have brought in J. Cole to have a rap superstar still, and then I think Dua Lipa headlines.

1 hour ago, rivalschools.price said:

Walter Trout just added an extra date on Thursday 22nd June in Southampton so wouldn’t be surprised to see him added.

At the moment his tour is Wednesday 21st in Frome and now Thursday 22nd in Southampton. Both not a million miles away from Glastonbury 

Hope he tastes nice in a goan fish curry.

17 hours ago, rivalschools.price said:

Walter Trout just added an extra date on Thursday 22nd June in Southampton so wouldn’t be surprised to see him added.

At the moment his tour is Wednesday 21st in Frome and now Thursday 22nd in Southampton. Both not a million miles away from Glastonbury 

Oh... I'd be all over this. 

Who are some acts that you expect to be there (not necessarily touring around Glastonbury or yet on the circuit?)

- Caroline Polachek

- Rina Sawayama

- Avril Lavigne (maybe? - she’s not playing very high at the festivals she’s doing. Maybe she could slot down early pyramid stage like Carrie Underwood did?)

- GAYLE (seems to be breaking out at the moment. She has a US tour which ends in May so I reckon a European leg would slot in afterwards. Could imagine her somewhere on JP).

- Måneskin (their tour dates make it look like they are in - either lower-mid other stage or JP I reckon).

- Yungblud (hard to place him. I feel like he would get higher billings at places like R&L than he would at glasto. I reckon mid-low other stage?).

Edited by Matt42

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Who are some acts that you expect to be there (not necessarily touring around Glastonbury or yet on the circuit?)

- Caroline Polachek

- Rina Sawayama

- Avril Lavigne (maybe? - she’s not playing very high at the festivals she’s doing. Maybe she could slot down early pyramid stage like Carrie Underwood did?)

- GAYLE (seems to be breaking out at the moment. She has a US tour which ends in May so I reckon a European leg would slot in afterwards. Could imagine her somewhere on JP).

- Måneskin (their tour dates make it look like they are in - either lower-mid other stage or JP I reckon).

- Yungblud (hard to place him. I feel like he would get higher billings at places like R&L than he would at glasto. I reckon mid-low other stage?).

Caroline Polachek was down to play in 2020 as per a New Yorker article and she's playing primavera so I can see her being there.