Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

On 11/5/2022 at 1:24 AM, thatTFBguy said:

Any likelihood that Phoenix could play? Would love to see them but just playing one London show this year so not looking good. 

Love Phoenix but they rarely come to Ireland because they’re bizzarely almost unknown here.

Saw  The War On Drugs earlier this year and they were outrageous. I would very much like to see them at Glasto.

Edited by CiaranMc

Could The War On Drugs sub? They don't necessarily have the household name or hits, but I think genre-wise they're pretty well suited (but not too similar) to either of GnR/Elton. Sunday looks like the day they'd play, and I'm not sure they're enough of a clash genre-wise to put on the other against those.

Of course, could always be Rihanna/a curveball headliner on Sunday, in which case Other headliner would fit

Edited by evannn
should've said who I was talking about

4 minutes ago, evannn said:

Could they sub? They don't necessarily have the household name or hits, but I think genre-wise they're pretty well suited (but not too similar) to either of GnR/Elton. Sunday looks like the day they'd play, and I'm not sure they're enough of a clash genre-wise to put on the other against those.

Of course, could always be Rihanna/a curveball headliner on Sunday, in which case Other headliner would fit

Most acts could do sub or other headline - i'd say Prodigy should firmly be on Other.

They definitely don't fit well under Elton

6 minutes ago, gfa said:

Most acts could do sub or other headline - i'd say Prodigy should firmly be on Other.

They definitely don't fit well under Elton

Sorry! I meant The War on Drugs, should've been clearer

Prodigy definitely fit other headliner over subbing imo

20 minutes ago, evannn said:

Sorry! I meant The War on Drugs, should've been clearer

Prodigy definitely fit other headliner over subbing imo

ah right i was quite unsure but thought TWOD weren't even in contention to sub - seems they aren't given people are saying Park.

1 minute ago, gfa said:

ah right i was quite unsure but thought TWOD weren't even in contention to sub - seems they aren't given people are saying Park.

Cheers, yeah, they're a weird one to place. I keep thinking they're not so big, and then they go and play the o2 every few years

3 minutes ago, evannn said:

Cheers, yeah, they're a weird one to place. I keep thinking they're not so big, and then they go and play the o2 every few years

Yeah they’re funny, you think of it as being a bit Dad Rock but then something like Under The Pressure or Red Eyes could easily have the Pyramid crowd bouncing. The shortened set length of a sub headliner would distill their setlist really nicely I think.

Edited by CiaranMc

4 minutes ago, evannn said:

A lot of acts play the o2 now it feels - i don't think its as impressive as it once was. For instance, the wombats played it this year

3 minutes ago, clasher said:

Saw them this year at Mad Cool, never been too much into them. They sound fantastic, but seem to me to be kind of a hear one song, hear all of them, quality background-, blanket brigade type of music. And I really don't want to sound dismissive. 

I was quite into them Lost in the Dream era and before, Deeper Understanding was alright as a slower album, I Don't Live Here Anymore sounds quite dull and uninspired now, treading the same ground over and over

30 minutes ago, CiaranMc said:

Yeah they’re funny, you think of it as being a bit Dad Rock but then something like Under The Pressure or Red Eyes could easily have the Pyramid crowd bouncing. The shortened set length of a sub headliner would distill their setlist really nicely I think.

I like Sam Fender but he's basically copied and pasted their sound and he's massive now.

Just now, addicted2noise said:

I like Sam Fender but he's basically copied and pasted their sound and he's massive now.

Both of them have copied and pasted a good chunk of that classic Springsteen wall of sound.

I was surprised at the spread of ages in the 3 arena crowd  in Dublin when I saw them earlier this year.