Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

10 hours ago, fraybentos1 said:

Not sure about this I think it’ll sell out and a second date added. Glasgow can sell out big venues no problem. Gerry Cinnamon sold out hampden in a day.

Gerry is an absolute weapon though when it comes to selling Scottish dates.

7 minutes ago, zahidf said:

The Big Moon, rescheduled shows confirmed for May/June 2022,

Newcastle Riverside, 24 May
Sheffield The Leadmill, 25
Manchester Academy 2, 27
Birmingham O2 Academy 2, 28
Cardiff Tramshed, 29
Brighton Concorde 2, 31
London O2 Forum Kentish Town, 01 June

Ace. 

On the JP you’d imagine. 

14 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Feel like it never truly took off for them, making that leap up, though great to see they’re still on the circuit. Always worth it live. Would assume early JP.

They'd have levelled up the summer of 2020 I feel, that last album is made to be played in the sun. Alas...

The Big Moon are one of those bands made for festivals so I think they'll appear as long as they exist, and I think that should be reflected in certain bands placements, they probably will be JP though.

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Does it say which day Dua is playing?

She won’t play until one of the main days, which I think is usually the Wednesday to Saturday after Glastonbury. In 2020 they had Taylor Swift, Kendrick Lamar, Tyler the Creator and The Strokes as headiners. Dua Lipa makes sense as the Taylor Swift replacement, with the other three probably staying as they are since we know or expect them to be around.

7 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

Isn't it just Converge with Chelsea Wolfe?

Ah ok if its referring to that it makes more sense. Maybe its their way of saying its not OG Converge but this new thing. Don't know why they wouldn't just say her name though.

Edited by 1986

21 minutes ago, 1986 said:

Ah ok if its referring to that it makes more sense. Maybe its their way of saying its not OG Converge but this new thing. Don't know why they wouldn't just say her name though.

Think it's just because it's this different incarnation, likely playing this new album in full or whatever.

15 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

Think it's just because it's this different incarnation, likely playing this new album in full or whatever.

Do bands like Converge end up on Roskilde often I wonder, or are they breaking into more mainstream fests with this incarnation. If the latter maybe we can expect them to show up at Glasto.

2 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

She's playing on the thursday

She’s absolutely back isn’t she. Man Glasto getting her on the other stage despite her current popularity is a great get. Crowd will be insane even against Macca.

Edited by Matt42

2 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I think people either way are mad to think Dua Lipa will be missing out Glastonbury. I actually think she needs some appearances to get back in the limelight.

If you’ve turned on any mainstream pop radio station over the last two years you’d know she’s getting plenty of limelight despite not being able to tour. Seems like every sixth song being played is either one of hers or featuring her on some stations. 

The tour dates certainly do seem to indicate that she’ll be back, and perhaps the fact that they’ve possibly already got Taylor locked in for ‘24 means Dua is happy to take that Other slot again knowing she’s gonna have to wait a couple of years before she’s offered the big gig on the Pyramid anyway. No bad thing to be in Glastonbury’s good books with an assurance of all out headliner sometime soon. 

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

If you’ve turned on any mainstream pop radio station over the last two years you’d know she’s getting plenty of limelight despite not being able to tour. Seems like every sixth song being played is either one of hers or featuring her on some stations. 

The tour dates certainly do seem to indicate that she’ll be back, and perhaps the fact that they’ve possibly already got Taylor locked in for ‘24 means Dua is happy to take that Other slot again knowing she’s gonna have to wait a couple of years before she’s offered the big gig on the Pyramid anyway. No bad thing to be in Glastonbury’s good books with an assurance of all out headliner sometime soon. 

I'm more thinking not being able to sell her tour. It's a pop radio station, it's there to play pop. We aren't paying for it, we just turn it on and listen. A mega star sells without their songs needing plugging I'll put it that way.