Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

21 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

They're great live - my partner is a huge fan so have seen them loads of times. Never at the farm though and not since 2019 so would be well up for it.

At Junction 2? You know anything about it or been before? Bought the tickets on a bit of a whim as a birthday present (and partly because it's an event in west London for once!) but it's a new one on me.

Yeah, J2. Been once before, in 2019. Love the main stage under the M4. It was a touch moody in places but that's London festivals, in my experience. Really looking forward to it, though. Huge Underworld fan, fingers crossed they don't clash with Jeff Mills. 

festival.jpg

54730_lg.jpg

19 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Yeah, J2. Been once before, in 2019. Love the main stage under the M4. It was a touch moody in places but that's London festivals, in my experience. Really looking forward to it, though. Huge Underworld fan, fingers crossed they don't clash with Jeff Mills. 

festival.jpg

54730_lg.jpg

Ace, that's good to know. I know what you mean about London festivals, although Underworld gigs tend to attract a fairly friendly old raver crowd so maybe that will have an effect.

What were the timings like for the Friday last time? Hoping not to have to take a whole day off work for it.

2 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Ace, that's good to know. I know what you mean about London festivals, although Underworld gigs tend to attract a fairly friendly old raver crowd so maybe that will have an effect.

What were the timings like for the Friday last time? Hoping not to have to take a whole day off work for it.

Where would underworld play on the bill? Headline a stage? Arcadia? I’d be desperate to see Born Slippy at Glasto but the clashes might kill me

4 minutes ago, FirstGlastoHype said:

Where would underworld play on the bill? Headline a stage? Arcadia? I’d be desperate to see Born Slippy at Glasto but the clashes might kill me

Last time they played they headlined West Holts, which is where I'd put them

10 minutes ago, kalifire said:

I’m doubtful they’d be booked for a second consecutive year without new material, but Confidence Man are active in the UK again this summer. 

7160AFF9-560C-4518-96CB-4F60D60345DF.thumb.jpeg.8bfea6a1c8ebc49577d14bf00a875dd6.jpeg

I dunno I'd view them similarly to Wet Leg, they were booked pretty low down last time and have blown up since that booking.

Could easily see them back in a bigger slot.

13 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Chances of Underworld? Just booked tickets for their Junction 2 show in July but would be great to see them on the farm and they seem to be active this summer (wasn't there in 2016).

I'm off to J2 to see them as well. If you haven't already, check out Sofia Kourtesis on the same day, one of my current favourites

8 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

I dunno I'd view them similarly to Wet Leg, they were booked pretty low down last time and have blown up since that booking.

Could easily see them back in a bigger slot.

Have they blown up since then? Certainly not in comparison to Wet Leg, anyway.

15 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Certainly more popular than they were. Their gigs sell very well and could imagine them daytime Other or high up the JP this summer.

I think they'll get a bigger slot next time they play, just don't see them returning this year when they're not released anything new since.

4 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

They've done pretty well for a novelty act with a few dance moves.

Yeah, remember some amount of buzz about them on here in 2016 - I didn't manage to talk anyone into giving them a go for their afternoon Williams Green slot.  Good for them