Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

4 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

They killers are probably the perfect example of a band who's best year's are behind them and haven't done much of note recently and they still headlined 2019. 

Is p!nk that dissimilar? 

Although I do think she'd be an incredibly unlikely booking. 

I’m pretty sure the Killers were drafted in when their first choice didn’t pan out. 

5 minutes ago, gfa said:

I think this is actually a really good point, pop is meant to be popular and P!nk is certainly not popular now. She has an album every so often but doesn't stay in the limelight at all like similar artists do. Essentially the same as Rihanna really, but maybe even less so.

With bands i don't think this is nearly as much of a thing

Yet booking Rihanna would be a different beast as she’s been pretty inactive on the music front for a while and has pretty much given up music aside from a few features here and there. It’s all about context really. Rihanna would be a “get” and I’d be all over it.

10 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

They killers are probably the perfect example of a band who's best year's are behind them and haven't done much of note recently and they still headlined 2019. 

Is p!nk that dissimilar? 

Although I do think she'd be an incredibly unlikely booking. 

Someone hasn't heard Pressure Machine.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Yet booking Rihanna would be a different beast as she’s been pretty inactive on the music front for a while and has pretty much given up music aside from a few features here and there. It’s all about context really. Rihanna would be a “get” and I’d be all over it.

Oh i'd love to see Rihanna - i think she's releasing an album this year i read. Given p!nks stadium shows i would say they are pretty similar in size + both have extensively done festivals in the past and are very quiet between album cycles.

10 minutes ago, gfa said:

Oh i'd love to see Rihanna - i think she's releasing an album this year i read. Given p!nks stadium shows i would say they are pretty similar in size + both have extensively done festivals in the past and are very quiet between album cycles.

Every single year people say she’s releasing an album and she doesn’t. Her heart isn’t in music like it used to be. She’s become a billionaire from her Fenty brand and I don’t think she’s in any rush to return to music (which most likely pays less). I think the promise of an album is something dangled infront of her fans by her management to keep them keen.

27 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Every single year people say she’s releasing an album and she doesn’t. Her heart isn’t in music like it used to be. She’s become a billionaire from her Fenty brand and I don’t think she’s in any rush to return to music (which most likely pays less). I think the promise of an album is something dangled infront of her fans by her management to keep them keen.

Fair enough but she does have songs ready to go currently so maybe 2022 will be the year.

29 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Still don't understand where Metallica fit in this summer. Got to be that final BST headliner, surely?

Apparently they aren’t according to sir brave Robin.

Metallica fans left scratching their heads to think where they could be playing in the UK.

Is an extra day added to Download out of the question?

6 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Apparently they aren’t according to sir brave Robin.

Metallica fans left scratching their heads to think where they could be playing in the UK.

Is an extra day added to Download out of the question?

Missed this. In that case I reckon they might skip UK entirely if this is a festival-only tour.