Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

15 minutes ago, TheWizard62 said:

An unannounced gig on the 24th June on their website! Maybe The Stranglers will be ‘hanging around’ on the farm - been a few years since they last played! 

9ED9D1A8-129D-4E93-BC13-EC1490CED21E.png

Is that not just meaning that festival in Ostende runs 24th to 26th? Like Rebellion is 4th to 7th of August? 

Good to see they are active in the summer though, I'd be happy to see them play Glasto

10 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I'm tempted to do a poll of which NME Awards Tour was the best lineup but then it's one more shit non-Glasto related thread.

I was trying to work out which year was most of it’s time but I think the 2007 double header is the clear winner. The Horrors feel a bit out of place given what they became and their sustained success (until recently) but the others are pure NME.

1 hour ago, coma girl said:

Is that not just meaning that festival in Ostende runs 24th to 26th? Like Rebellion is 4th to 7th of August? 

Good to see they are active in the summer though, I'd be happy to see them play Glasto

Yeah that's the way I read it. Doesn't rule them out, but doesn't make then any more likely than they otherwise would be.

12 hours ago, Matt42 said:

2006: Maxïmo Park, Arctic Monkeys, We Are Scientists, Mystery Jets[7]

2005: The Killers, The Futureheads, Bloc Party, Kaiser Chiefs[8]

Cant believe AM once played second middle to Maximo 

Went to 05 at Manchester Academy and 06 at Brixton, both incredible.

On Tribes, one of only two gigs I've walked out of during the set, the other being The Twang.

Paul Weller announced for Glasto Sunday in Cornwall, so he's playing in London before the festival weekend and currently free otherwise. Just cancelled his European dates in May due to Covid so may well be looking to get extra work.

No idea where he'd play. He's done much better since he last subbed the Pyramid. I know noone on here rates him though ...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ClementsMike said:

Paul Weller announced for Glasto Sunday in Cornwall, so he's playing in London before the festival weekend and currently free otherwise. Just cancelled his European dates in May due to Covid so may well be looking to get extra work.

No idea where he'd play. He's done much better since he last subbed the Pyramid. I know noone on here rates him though ...

Would absolutely love Weller to turn up, last two records in particular are superb.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Matt42 said:

2006: Maxïmo Park, Arctic Monkeys, We Are Scientists, Mystery Jets[7]

2005: The Killers, The Futureheads, Bloc Party, Kaiser Chiefs[8]

Cant believe AM once played second middle to Maximo 

The 2005 one in Leeds was great

5 hours ago, ClementsMike said:

He wouldn't take below sub or Other stage headliner as he doesn't need to.

14 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

He wouldn't take below sub or Other stage headliner as he doesn't need to.

Tbh he only got that sub slot as a package deal with The Who in ‘15. Third down for him is about right, although not sure how likely he actually is given how full those top positions seem to be.

4 minutes ago, ClementsMike said:

Agreed. Given his career rejuvenation since he subbed he almost needs to wait it out until he headlines as a heritage type act?

By career rejuvenation do you mean slightly better albums than the ones he was releasing before? No way he’s ever headlining. Third down - sub at a push. 

Ummmmm, can I hope? (At least for a UK show, I am aware of their Primavera 'Exclusivity')

*Apparently this has been mentioned already...

Screen Shot 2022-03-02 at 17.37.05.png

Screen Shot 2022-03-02 at 17.37.15.png

Edited by OCarter

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

By career rejuvenation do you mean slightly better albums than the ones he was releasing before? No way he’s ever headlining. Third down - sub at a push. 

Well, two consecutive number one studio albums that received wide critical acclaim and a couple of other albums reworking stuff that have also been very well received. 
Given his career span and continued success and influence it’s hard to see why he’s not headed in that direction. 
I know he probably doesn’t do the Tik Tok thing though …. 

43 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

First I’ve heard of this Paul Weller resurgence. Not sure I’ve heard his name mentioned anywhere since he subbed Glastonbury in 2015, which is a slot he clearly wouldn’t have got without being in a package deal with The Who.

Obviously not on your specific radar. Pipe down. 

• Upvote 1