Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

She could easily be at big weekend which is still to announce (and she has a gap in her tour for it).

You have to admit that her having the whole weekend free and being local is pretty sus?

Yeah but she’s not doing fests in the rest of the world is she? Her dates do point towards Glasto, yeah. Again I wouldn’t be surprised if she plays but there are so many acts about that I can’t fit them all in, so someone like Olivia Rodrigo not doing any fests is an easy reason to axe them (especially someone who wasn’t on the 2020 lineup, for obvious reasons).

14 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Yeah but she’s not doing fests in the rest of the world is she? Her dates do point towards Glasto, yeah. Again I wouldn’t be surprised if she plays but there are so many acts about that I can’t fit them all in, so someone like Olivia Rodrigo not doing any fests is an easy reason to axe them (especially someone who wasn’t on the 2020 lineup, for obvious reasons).

It’s not majorly unlikely that her plan was to do her own shows, but with Glasto / big weekend structured in a way that doesn’t impact your ticket sales an exposure gig can fit in.

I’m know what I’m going to say will invoke suprefan but in the states acts rarely do their own shows and festivals due to radius clauses. Glastonbury is somewhat divorced from radius clauses which makes it easier.

In the same vein Billie is only doing Coachella and Glastonbury this year - and Coachella is a bit of a fluke as she was a late addition.  Glastonbury allows their acts to do their own shows and still play, which I think is the real deciding factor here.

Edited by Matt42

Just now, Matt42 said:

It’s not majorly unlikely that her plan was to do her own shows, but with Glasto / big weekend structured in a way that doesn’t impact your ticket sales and exposure gig would work pretty well.

I’m know what I’m going to say will invoke suprefan but in the states acts rarely do their own shows and festivals due to radius clauses. Glastonbury is somewhat divorced from any radius clauses which makes it easier.

In the same vein Billie is only doing Coachella and Glastonbury this year - and Coachella is a bit of a fluke as she was a late addition.  Glastonbury allows their acts to do their own shows and still play, which I think is the real deciding factor here.

To be fair, was the point of her tour this year not to allow her to play smaller venues rather than being thrown straight into massive crowds? I do think she’ll be at Glastonbury, the gap is very conveniently timed and she seems like an act they’d be desperate to book but I wouldn’t be hugely surprised if she held off for a year or so and stuck with the smaller venues this year.

Just now, kingcrawler said:

To be fair, was the point of her tour this year not to allow her to play smaller venues rather than being thrown straight into massive crowds? I do think she’ll be at Glastonbury, the gap is very conveniently timed and she seems like an act they’d be desperate to book but I wouldn’t be hugely surprised if she held off for a year or so and stuck with the smaller venues this year.

I mean the date she has in Dublin is an outdoor show so I don’t know about the argument that she isn’t doing festival style gigs.

3 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Yeah, that’s what I’d read on here and partly why I wasn’t surprised by her not being at Coachella and not expecting her to rock up on the Pyramid in front of tens of thousands. Can’t remember if it was just a theory or whether it was actual info from someone like @Suprefan.

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I mean the date she has in Dublin is an outdoor show so I don’t know about the argument that she isn’t doing festival style gigs.

The point was about crowd sizes, not whether a show is festival-style.

9EDE8285-7EAE-4870-8ED8-DE098D92011C.jpeg.bba60901591f5d6a0b7aeff68e74e4e8.jpeg

Perhaps it’s just venue availability and maybe they seriously missed the mark on how many tickets she would sell. if they weren’t sure she’d sell out her tour they wouldn’t put her on the bill for commercial festivals.

Glastonbury obviously different as she would be announced for it much later than Coachella / et al

Edited by Matt42

Just now, Matt42 said:

Perhaps it’s just venue availability and maybe they seriously missed the mark on how many tickets she would sell. if they weren’t sure she’d sell out her tour they wouldn’t put her on the bill for commercial festivals.

Glastonbury obviously different as she would be announced for it much later than Coachella / et al

I think it’s more of a case of her not wanting her first gigs ever to be arenas with a single half hour album to fill up the time. Different with festival placing imo - if she gets an hour slot halfway down the Pyramid she could easily pad that out with a cover or two and some bullshit chit chat or whatever.

Just now, FloorFiller said:

I think it’s more of a case of her not wanting her first gigs ever to be arenas with a single half hour album to fill up the time. Different with festival placing imo - if she gets an hour slot halfway down the Pyramid she could easily pad that out with a cover or two and some bullshit chit chat or whatever.

A setlist like below would be enough for just under an hour set at glasto.

Brutal

Deja Vu

Happier

Jealous Jealousy

All I Want (from high school musical)

Traitor

Favourite Crime

One Step Forward and Three Steps Back

Drivers Licence

Good 4 U

5 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

She can call up Adrianne Lenker for some tips.

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Going to suggest Megan is that act that plays virtually every festival going this year - Wireless, Reading, Glastonbury, Longitude and every single one she can in Europe.

The website says she’s exclusive but it’s factually incorrect unless she’s due to pull out of all the ones she’s already down for. 

she's on a horrible record contract, so it makes sense for her to take all the festivals she can get as she's probably not getting much from her music sales & won't be allowed to release much without a big buzz. They even tried to block her BTS remix lol

8 hours ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Nah if she was playing other fests I’d have her down. I just wouldn’t be shocked if she didn’t do any this year and then hit them hard next year and got a top 3 Pyramid slot or something.

Billie Eilish isnt playing any other fests in Europe, yet here we are. And Olivia has a higher chance of hitting late summer and fall ones not in Europe anyway. Lolla Chicago, Austin City Limits, Outside Lands and Life Is Beautiful have yet to announce and are easily places she can be at. By the time June rolls around she will have played 40 shows which is enough under her belt to be able to handle a festival I would figure. But god forgive a festival like Glasto could have been fortunate to book an artist like this early. Cause if it pans out she becomes a stadium level artist then the festival has a relationship with them and doesnt have to be concerned over something like money. That seemingly has become an obstacle recently and will keep being one if they dont try and book more acts on the rise early on when it comes to the non uk ones. 

1 hour ago, Suprefan said:

Billie Eilish isnt playing any other fests in Europe, yet here we are. And Olivia has a higher chance of hitting late summer and fall ones not in Europe anyway. Lolla Chicago, Austin City Limits, Outside Lands and Life Is Beautiful have yet to announce and are easily places she can be at. By the time June rolls around she will have played 40 shows which is enough under her belt to be able to handle a festival I would figure. But god forgive a festival like Glasto could have been fortunate to book an artist like this early. Cause if it pans out she becomes a stadium level artist then the festival has a relationship with them and doesnt have to be concerned over something like money. That seemingly has become an obstacle recently and will keep being one if they dont try and book more acts on the rise early on when it comes to the non uk ones. 

That or we could just get Stereophonics in.

Megan is third down at wireless, a sub at Parklife, and a headliner at Reading… talk about fluid placements.

I’ve been predicting her as an other sub before Dua. Seems realistic considering she’s playing wherever someone will have her!

92BC2D63-63B5-49E5-9DD8-8D0DE3D1EC47.jpeg

Edited by Matt42

34 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Megan is third down at wireless, a sub at Parklife, and a headliner at Reading… talk about fluid placements.

I’ve been predicting her as an other sub before Dua. Seems realistic considering she’s playing wherever someone will have her!

92BC2D63-63B5-49E5-9DD8-8D0DE3D1EC47.jpeg

I still don't get that Reading gave Megan a headline slot.