Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

5 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

End of May so a bit early for this thread really but The Hives and Frank Turner have both been added to Bearded Theory so about next year.

bearded-2022-v2.1.jpg

Placebo I think are too big with what else we have on the show. They would be a great sub other but it feels like thats all covered? Hives in the JP tent is a must. 

4 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Not holding out for Placebo being there, but I don't think they're above 3rd/4th on the Other or a JP headline these days.

When you think about Suede, Primal Scream, Interpol, Manics all taking considerably lower slots than in times past, it's not too much of a stretch.

JP headline would be spot on for them and I have no doubt they'd nail it. Think it's been said before though that they tend to overvalued their own position, having said that if they're willing to headline a small festival like Bearded Theory then maybe headlining the JP isn't out of the equation.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

JP headline would be spot on for them and I have no doubt they'd nail it. Think it's been said before though that they tend to overvalued their own position, having said that if they're willing to headline a small festival like Bearded Theory then maybe headlining the JP isn't out of the equation.

Do they take smaller festivals because they want to be the biggest name on the poster though?

Is headlining a smaller one better than halfway down a bigger one? Especially if the money is about the same.

37 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Not holding out for Placebo being there, but I don't think they're above 3rd/4th on the Other or a JP headline these days.

When you think about Suede, Primal Scream, Interpol, Manics all taking considerably lower slots than in times past, it's not too much of a stretch.

Really good shout especially with those you listed. 

9 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Lollapalooza’s in south america announced. Theyre in March but you can at least get an idea of who might pop over for Sweden or Paris in the summer which are around Glasto. Lolla usually signs acts to a multi fest deal. Obviously a few out of the running like Strokes or Miley, but still.

26D23049-B829-4BCE-B4E6-B1D0A8F8E308.jpeg

7E314943-13CD-4675-8F91-F90FDAA2CEAD.jpeg

Pheobe Bridgers seems to be a sub at some festivals and play in the middle of the bill for others.

Edited by Matt42

12 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Lollapalooza’s in south america announced. Theyre in March but you can at least get an idea of who might pop over for Sweden or Paris in the summer which are around Glasto. Lolla usually signs acts to a multi fest deal. Obviously a few out of the running like Strokes or Miley, but still.

26D23049-B829-4BCE-B4E6-B1D0A8F8E308.jpeg

7E314943-13CD-4675-8F91-F90FDAA2CEAD.jpeg

Machine Gun Kelly headlining it is just painful... 

1 hour ago, danmarks said:

So is there any Springsteen announcement today? Or was that bollox/ wishful thinking? 

Didn’t see it being today but Ken has confirmed that Springsteen is being announced for Mad Cool soon and other festivals TW Classic, PinkPop etc seem to be gearing up for an announcement. There are also rumblings that he has a tour to be announced soon. Could all be total bollocks though.

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Pheobe Bridgers seems to be a sub at some festivals and play in the middle of the bill for others.

Thats what surprised me. She had pretty high billing stateside and dropped off down there. But who knows, maybe on that schedule she is in a prominent spot, its just the billing is the billing. 

5 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Thats what surprised me. She had pretty high billing stateside and dropped off down there. But who knows, maybe on that schedule she is in a prominent spot, its just the billing is the billing. 

She’s not been able to leave the states for two years, it’s hardly surprising she hasn’t yet had the growth she’s experienced there throughout the rest of the world 

7 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

She’s not been able to leave the states for two years, it’s hardly surprising she hasn’t yet had the growth she’s experienced there throughout the rest of the world 

Maybe, but that kinda shouldnt matter because we’ll see how that goes whenever a proper europe tour is announced and they sell out in no time at all. You can also argue that having a good agent is all that you need to get placed higher, which is marginally true.

Just now, Suprefan said:

Maybe, but that kinda shouldnt matter because we’ll see how that goes whenever a proper europe tour is announced and they sell out in no time at all. You can also argue that having a good agent is all that you need to get placed higher, which is marginally true.

Tbf she’s got a fucking phenomenal agent. Gal’s not been out of the spotlight since the lead up to Punisher despite not being able to tour properly. I know it’s kind of caused a few people to turn on her as is the custom when indie acts are inescapable, but considering the type of downbeat music she makes, she’s making hella waves.

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Tbf she’s got a fucking phenomenal agent. Gal’s not been out of the spotlight since the lead up to Punisher despite not being able to tour properly. I know it’s kind of caused a few people to turn on her as is the custom when indie acts are inescapable, but considering the type of downbeat music she makes, she’s making hella waves.

She’s become quite popular on tik tok