Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

51 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Interesting. I think Achtung Baby is U2's best album and did enjoy watching the Zoo TV DVD but hadn't heard a Zoo TV sequel was being rumoured.

Been a low key thing the last 2 years. Covid put it on the back burner and Live Nation needs to make some big bucks. This kind of tour  would bring in the revenue just like Joshua Tree did.

56 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

A mid-afternoon Pyramid slot would work well for them. Didn’t someone on here say the legend slot is for solo artists though?

I think that's more of a pattern than a criterion.

Plus, Jeff Lynne's ELO arguably broke that pattern, with it essentially being the Electric Light Orchestra under a different moniker.

10 hours ago, charlierc said:

Interesting. I think Achtung Baby is U2's best album and did enjoy watching the Zoo TV DVD but hadn't heard a Zoo TV sequel was being rumoured.

I think a lot of the chat has been going round since Joshua Tree in 2017. It proved U2 would do the whole album anniversary thing which until that point they had stayed away from. But it’s wishful thinking on the part of fans I think at the moment, although certainly possible.

11 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Been a low key thing the last 2 years. Covid put it on the back burner and Live Nation needs to make some big bucks. This kind of tour  would bring in the revenue just like Joshua Tree did.

Members of U2 did mention in an article with Rolling Stone they were looking at the possibility of doing something with a reimagining of the Zoo TV concept around the time of the 30 year anniversary of Achtung Baby's release. That date is next month, so might well be a little late for that, but it isn't impossible they dig it out. I think there's been Zoo TV

1 hour ago, maelzoid said:

I think a lot of the chat has been going round since Joshua Tree in 2017. It proved U2 would do the whole album anniversary thing which until that point they had stayed away from. But it’s wishful thinking on the part of fans I think at the moment, although certainly possible.

U2 seem to have a fanbase that is very good at speculating on things and leaking info, though even then, the Joshua Tree tour announcement seemed to appear almost unexpectedly. It's not impossible. Maybe around the time of that 30th anniversary in mid-November they might declare something.

3 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

Has it actually been confirmed or are we still going on the same, albeit pretty well educated, guesses?

Ken over on the Mad Cool boards has said it’s him, and he’s got a pretty great track record of getting this kind of stuff. Rare that he outright says ‘it’s them’ without it being true. 

32 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

248484914_124445616638578_26935634419220

I think this is the first European date for The Avalanches next summer, another one from the 2020 line up who might be back. 

Buzzing for this. Two days before The National gig that's been reschuled from 2020. They've also added a date headlined by Tyler for the Saturday. 

14 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Buzzing for this. Two days before The National gig that's been reschuled from 2020. They've also added a date headlined by Tyler for the Saturday. 

Just reading there's a TBC line-up for the Thursday too. Given all the other headliners are coming from Primavera in Barcelona I presume the final one will too. Either Beck or Nick Cave seems the most likely option.

4 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Just reading there's a TBC line-up for the Thursday too. Given all the other headliners are coming from Primavera in Barcelona I presume the final one will too. Either Beck or Nick Cave seems the most likely option.

I was going to suggest Gorillaz for the remaining day but yeah, one of the other Primavera headliners definitely makes sense. Looks like a very good few days anyway.