Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

2 hours ago, Punksnotdead said:

WTF? My mum's more punk than that dingbat!

Saw him on the reboot of 'never mind the Buzzcocks' & had to turn off after 5 minutes - irritating little twerp!

Ill defer to your username expertise on the definition but the love show was definitely more punk vibes then an appearance on NMTBC

59 minutes ago, AlexOvd said:

I am hearing that one of the missing headliners for Mad Cool is RHCP by the way. Actually they are playing Spain but Sevilla and Barcelona, skipping Madrid... 

I don’t think it’s possible due to dates right?

SHM headlining coachella is big but also shit.

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Are SHM outright headlining? I know that’s very much the direction Coachella is heading in, but still, seems like a shite headliner. Would’ve thought they’d be on another stage opposite one of the headliners. 

11 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Interesting that a headliner booked for 21 are not rebooked for 22 despite them touring Europe around the time of the festival.

Wonder what the story is there…

According to @Ken19 who knows a lot about the EU festivals, Mad Cool bookers are in the habit of pissing off a lot of their bookings/ potential bookings. So maybe to do with that.

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Who said theyre headlining. There is precedent with acts announced early in any capacity were not headliners. Only exception was Beyonce having to move to 2018 due to her pregnancy.

Edit: if SHM were such a big get and such, why the hell are they at a radio festival in December. Not so exclusive now is it.

0C2A0FA0-4839-49D7-BDD4-B58A6212A858.webp

Edited by Suprefan

11 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Who said theyre headlining. There is precedent with acts announced early in any capacity were not headliners. Only exception was Beyonce having to move to 2018 due to her pregnancy.

Edit: if SHM were such a big get and such, why the hell are they at a radio festival in December. Not so exclusive now is it.

I think we’re all overlooking the fact that Swedish House Mafia are shite. 

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Are SHM outright headlining? I know that’s very much the direction Coachella is heading in, but still, seems like a shite headliner. Would’ve thought they’d be on another stage opposite one of the headliners. 

They'll likely close after the headliner. There's no way they are playing in the light. This said, Coachella is dark from about the 3rd act down. When I went, YYYs were 3rd under Blur and The Stone Roses and it was pretty dark by then.

22 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Shame Modest Mouse and Bleachers aren't on Sunday as that's a cracking day for me.

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

My thought would be headlining due to the song and dance being made about it. Also I know it’s a rough choice but they are absolutely massive. At a festival like coachella they’d get the biggest crowd of the weekend so why not?

Coachella are also missing a headliner due to Frank, so I assume it’s them. Rage and Travis would have cost them a bomb so I can’t imagine the third headliner being a high budget one? I imagine Frank is hard to get but not expensive.

I get into arguments with the R&L board on this all the time, but i’d bet my bottom dollar that Travis Scott is stupidly expensive to book. I reckon he’s one of the most expensive acts active in the market right now.

34 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Twenty One Pilots would headline any American festival I don’t know why this devalues them?

SHM whether they are not as big as roping in someone like Adele or Coldplay would get a ginormous crowd.

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

I get into arguments with the R&L board on this all the time, but i’d bet my bottom dollar that Travis Scott is stupidly expensive to book. I reckon he’s one of the most expensive acts active in the market right now.

I find this hard to believe. 

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

My thought would be headlining due to the song and dance being made about it. Also I know it’s a rough choice but they are absolutely massive. At a festival like coachella they’d get the biggest crowd of the weekend so why not?

Coachella are also missing a headliner due to Frank, so I assume it’s them. Rage and Travis would have cost them a bomb so I can’t imagine the third headliner being a high budget one? I imagine Frank is hard to get but not expensive.

Imagine thinking Coachella is constrained by budget. They launch money at headliners wherever they can - they secured a GNR reunion and Calvin Harris and then just threw millions at LCD for the hell of it.

Prepared to be proved wrong but SHM don’t make any sense as a 2022 headline booking for Coachella, and I think they’ll be second stage.

5 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Coachella has private conglomerate money to get whoever the hell they please. You think the world's second largest promoter isnt fine with breaking the bank for their crown jewel event? Coachella paid My Chemical Romance their full fee to fuck off after they were not ok with being second to Rage Against The Machine last year btw. They overpaid to get Ariana Grande at the 11th hour cause of Kanye  backing out,  and then still got Kanye whom they made a mountain for. So you think they dont have the resources or cache to get an Adele, Taylor Swift or Rihanna? And now theyre going to settle for a non reunion dj act which isnt Daft Punk? Yeah, no. They probably had to make the announcement before the rest of the tour, and there has been zero confirmation from anywhere that theyre headlining. A few articles have said they received confirmation from Coachella reps about them performing with nothing to indicate theyre headlining. Only one publication has even dared to say theyre headlining which was Variety and their story only cites twitter and instagram which says nothing about them headlining in those posts to begin with. 

5 hours ago, thewayiam said:

They'll likely close after the headliner. There's no way they are playing in the light. This said, Coachella is dark from about the 3rd act down. When I went, YYYs were 3rd under Blur and The Stone Roses and it was pretty dark by then.

Shame Modest Mouse and Bleachers aren't on Sunday as that's a cracking day for me.

More like 4 acts down, curfew is 1am on Friday and Saturday. The sun goes down at about 7pm anyway and Coachella has had big name dj's perform at dusk and go into the evening. ( Calvin Harris, Kaskade, Justice, Zedd ) That wont be their spot,, but yeah, likely to close the main stage after the headliner like they did in 2012 after The Black Keys.

5 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Coachella has private conglomerate money to get whoever the hell they please. You think the world's second largest promoter isnt fine with breaking the bank for their crown jewel event? Coachella paid My Chemical Romance their full fee to fuck off after they were not ok with being second to Rage Against The Machine last year btw. They overpaid to get Ariana Grande at the 11th hour cause of Kanye  backing out,  and then still got Kanye whom they made a mountain for. So you think they dont have the resources or cache to get an Adele, Taylor Swift or Rihanna? And now theyre going to settle for a non reunion dj act which isnt Daft Punk? Yeah, no. They probably had to make the announcement before the rest of the tour, and there has been zero confirmation from anywhere that theyre headlining. A few articles have said they received confirmation from Coachella reps about them performing with nothing to indicate theyre headlining. Only one publication has even dared to say theyre headlining which was Variety and their story only cites twitter and instagram which says nothing about them headlining in those posts to begin with. 

More like 4 acts down, curfew is 1am on Friday and Saturday. The sun goes down at about 7pm anyway and Coachella has had big name dj's perform at dusk and go into the evening. ( Calvin Harris, Kaskade, Justice, Zedd ) That wont be their spot,, but yeah, likely to close the main stage after the headliner like they did in 2012 after The Black Keys.

Just to further the point about money being no object for Coachella; I’m pretty sure I’ve read before that they have made ludicrous offers for The Smiths to reunite in years gone by? 

Edited by Andre91