Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Surprised she's active next year, thought she was working on a theatre project.

She's a tough one to place without hearing any new music. Last album was very low key and kind of slipped under the radar for many people. If she's back with more bombastic stuff then she'll find herself back at the top of bills.

Based on nothing but a feeling... Latitude.

Damn, that would be a tempting ticket.

6 minutes ago, AlexOvd said:

Could Phoebe get a mid afternoon slot in the Other Stage? 

Personally I'd be all over it. She could slot in all sorts of places, very hard to see where she ends up. Selfishly I just hope she's not headlining a stage! 

5 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Personally preferred the 2020 MC lineup with T SWift and Eilish. I guess Billie could still be there on the Thursday, they have defo hinted they have her in the past. Add maybe Springsteen on the sunday and it is an objectively good lineup I guess and great value for money

Been confirmed by another festival guy that Glastonbury is Billies only festival date next year so won’t be her.

2 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

Yungblud would be a really interesting one. Other stage, possibly an outside bet to headline. 

Saw them at Manchester Pride (weird booking) and the set was really good despite me not normally being into punk style stuff.

Doubt he’s quite big enough yet, especially not among the Glastonbury audience.

I keep suggesting he’ll be underbilled as a special guest type booking; a bit like BMTH or Babymetal.

3 minutes ago, AlexOvd said:

Knowing that Florence is around touring, female and long time out of Glastonbury line ups, could she jump in for a Pyramid secret set? 

Mumfords we’re mentioned as a special guest last time, wouldn’t surprise me if Florence steps into that spot

24 minutes ago, AlexOvd said:

Knowing that Florence is around touring, female and long time out of Glastonbury line ups, could she jump in for a Pyramid secret set? 

Where does this info come from? Cant find any tour dates (daughter's fav band so that would be xmas sorted)

1 hour ago, Ddiamondd said:

Going off that Mad Cool bill, I would spin the wheel and guess the following turn up at Glasto:

Chvrches: JP sub or 5th down Other / Glass Animals: JP headliner or Other sub / Wolf Alice: Other sub or 3rd Pyramid / Sports Team: William's Green headliner / Yves Tumor: early doors JP come on / Carly Rae Jepsen: anywhere come onnn

St. Vincent: Park headliner / Foals: maybe Pyramid sub / Sigrid: 4th Other / Tom Misch: top 4 WH / The Comet Is Coming: also top 4 WH / Lucy Dacus: early Park / Beabadoobee: 3rd from top JP / Pale Waves: 2pm Other slot

QOTSA: Other headliner / TWOD: 3rd from top Other / Haim: 3rd from top Pyramid / Parcels: early JP / Jamie Cullum: 1pm Pyramid and-or headlining Avalon / Phoebe Bridgers: maybe higher than Park headliner now after all?

Royal Blood: Pyramid sub / Editors: JP headliner 🥱/ Leon Bridges: mid-WH / Animal Collective: Park sub / Bartees Strange: early doors Park / Sam Fender: Other sub / Arlo Parks: early Pyramid / Tones and I: early JP / Tom Grennan, Zara Larsson, Sylvan Esso: somewhere.

+ almost all of those DJs, I know quite a few of those are 100% locked in. Exciting!

A lot of this looks likely. My only question is, do the festival organisers try to vary the stages for returning artists?

Chvrches did the other in ‘16 so is it more likely they will be at JP?

Last time he played in ‘17, Jamie Cullum was on the pyramid, so does it make sense he’ll be elsewhere?

I’d be chuffed with both of these. I saw JC earlier this month and his current show is superb, really bringing a party.