Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

24 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Hate is a strong word.

I certainly don’t hate them, I just think Chris Martin is a bit of a git.

I can see some dislike for them … but git ? I struggle to fathom that out something maybe I’ve lost somewhere … but seems like a decent guy and Has helped Glastonbury out in the past (himself also ) and seems to be making some forward steps to lessening the environmental impact too … 

Just now, DomDom1984 said:

Do they always turn up though? 6 years between headline sets and then 5 the next time?

You'd think they play every year the way idiots go on.

We’ve only had two festivals since they last played. There were only three festivals between their 11 and 16 sets.

Even when they’re not playing Chris Martin still finds a way to show up.

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

We’ve only had two festivals since they last played. There were only three festivals between their 11 and 16 sets.

Even when they’re not playing Chris Martin still finds a way to show up.

Would you turn down the opportunity to play ? I’d milk it for all it’s worth if I were them … and most of us take every opportunity available to be at the farm .. he just likes being on a stage 

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

I can see some dislike for them … but git ? I struggle to fathom that out something maybe I’ve lost somewhere … but seems like a decent guy and Has helped Glastonbury out in the past (himself also ) and seems to be making some forward steps to lessening the environmental impact too … 

I know all that. I am sure he’s a great bloke, as you say he’s a dear friend of the festival, socially conscious and a keen supporter of the environment. He does a lot of great work for a lot of great causes…

You still can’t help but look at him and think “git”.

Much like U2, Coldplay are hated because of how big and ubiquitous they are, and because they champion worthy causes. People just love to hate things other people love. (cue predictable reply: "No, I don't hate them because other people love them, I hate them because they're shite!") 

It seems you can be an actual c**t (like Josh Homme for example) and get far less hate than Chris Martin gets.

I think Coldplay are a great band (even if their recent records have been a bit patchy) and will definitely be getting tickets for next summer. That said, still too soon to invite them back to headline Glastonbury.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

Much like U2, Coldplay are hated because of how big and ubiquitous they are, and because they champion worthy causes. People just love to hate things other people love. (cue predictable reply: "No, I don't hate them because other people love them, I hate them because they're shite!") 

It seems you can be an actual c**t (like Josh Homme for example) and get far less hate than Chris Martin gets.

I think Coldplay are a great band (even if their recent records have been a bit patchy) and will definitely be getting tickets for next summer. That said, still too soon to invite them back to headline Glastonbury.

Yeah we're in the wrong because you're brave enough to like international superstars Coldplay

1 minute ago, DomDom1984 said:

The idea of NOT getting one of the biggest bands on the planet when they're about strikes me as insanity. The only reason that others don't is because they can't.

I think at this point, Glastonbury can pretty much pick and choose. I'm sure they could secure Coldplay, Muse and Sheeran for next summer, which would be an insanely popular choice, but they're trying to mix it up a bit. Which is one of the things that make it such a great festival.

When Coldplay return after a decent break, say in 2026, it will be far more impactful for them and the festival.