Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

3 hours ago, Ddiamondd said:

I’m sure it won’t happen given all the actual metal fests happening in June, but that Croatian fest putting Deftones in proximity of Glasto is tantalising. We do get the occasional surprise heavy act on the Other…

That aside, feel increasingly confident that Royal Blood are back as a sub.

A note that deftones are at download … which may explain the June tour.

24 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Scouting For Girls stick out like a sore thumb there.

That entire lineup is all over the place - indie rock, drum & bass, pop, bob marley tribute, tinie tempah in 2022 etc

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I think what CM said in 2019 was that they wouldn't tour that particular album until they found a more sustainable way to do so. Little did he know that within six months they wouldn't have much choice anyway! The actual interview is here. It's also quite an interesting read on carbon footprint.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-50490700.amp

Nothing officially published yet but Glastonbury were introducing a Carbon Calculator in 2020. You put in how you're travelling there and where from and it tells you what the offset is. Donations to Woodland Trust can be made to offset your guilt. I mean carbon.

6 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

30392AF6-31F1-45C8-A1E6-810945A8EFC9.jpeg

Attempting to get tickets for my mum and stepdad for this, just pre-ordered the album for her (£10) which gives pre-sale access to the Wembley dates...however no indication on the website, Twitter or my email confirmation as to when the pre-sale takes place from and till...seems international on sale dates is Oct 22nd.

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

Martin will be there, Coldplay won’t though.

As an aside it really bugs me when bands announce tours in cities but not venues.

Would they be able to do Wembley in August after the football season has started? Charity Shield will be around then.

It is Wembley, NME have all the venues listed: https://www.nme.com/news/music/coldplay-announce-details-of-sustainable-2022-world-stadium-tour-dates-tickets-3070629

Edited by the wonderwhy

1 minute ago, gooner1990 said:

Attempting to get tickets for my mum and stepdad for this, just pre-ordered the album for her (£10) which gives pre-sale access to the Wembley dates...however no indication on the website, Twitter or my email confirmation as to when the pre-sale takes place from and till...seems international on sale dates is Oct 22nd.

There is ticketmaster verified fan registration open so check that also

https://verifiedfan.ticketmaster.com/coldplay?ac_link=NTM_vf_Coldplay2022_EDP_101421

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Martin will be there, Coldplay won’t though.

As an aside it really bugs me when bands announce tours in cities but not venues.

Would they be able to do Wembley in August after the football season has started? Charity Shield will be around then.

Charity Shield is the weekend before.

12 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Ignore me they've just sent an email!

4 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Because I want to have a workout during the show. If there was an incentive attached to that, ok. But why am I gonna pay $150 to exercise while they perform.

i think the battery might store the energy .... I dont think its cycle or the lights go out during the show ....  Fair play to them its a start and hopefully leads to change for the bigger shows at least 

2 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

And theyre taking out the ass about their battery system. Radiohead did that in 2008 for their Uk tour during In Rainbows. The only difference is this how its charged instead of just plugging it in.

The problem at Radiohead was that the crowd actually sucked energy out of the floor.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

And theyre taking out the ass about their battery system. Radiohead did that in 2008 for their Uk tour during In Rainbows. The only difference is this how its charged instead of just plugging it in.

I presume you are in communication with the band ?  and know the technicalities ? technology has moved on from 2008 ...

Edited by crazyfool1

16 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

With the Charity Shield being the week before, Wembley should be free until the next International Break at the end of September, which gives them plenty of time to sort out the pitch.

The main problems with concerts in August/September is when the ground is being used for regular League Matches and needs to be turned back to football quickly, as memorably demonstrated when Rotherham tried to use Don Valley Stadium the weekend after U2 came to town.

41 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Yep, Hellfest too. Just a hit-and-hope that someone booking the Other fancies a flutter to follow up BMTH, Babymetal etc.

The truth is there will always be metal bands touring around Glastonbury as June is peak metal fest season. I don’t think much of it ever.