Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

6 hours ago, Suprefan said:

So the backing vocals thing didnt matter at all?

Nothing mattered! The band seemed confident, and Serge did a great job fronting the band. The Rob Harvey rumours were semi-true. He wasn't singing lead, but he was singing the backing vocals that Serge sang previously as well as playing guitar

Yeah, I know Chris made a big song and dance about how he wouldn’t be popping up at the 2020 festival due to the ‘backlash’ he got for being everywhere in 2019, but after everything I’d be pretty surprised to not have him pop up at least once next year, whether that be with the full band in some capacity or just coming on stage with a headliner/somebody. Guy would surely want to feature at the return of the festival somehow. 

19 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah, I know Chris made a big song and dance about how he wouldn’t be popping up at the 2020 festival due to the ‘backlash’ he got for being everywhere in 2019, but after everything I’d be pretty surprised to not have him pop up at least once next year, whether that be with the full band in some capacity or just coming on stage with a headliner/somebody. Guy would surely want to feature at the return of the festival somehow. 

Back in the heady days of late 2019/early 2020 I hypothesised that they could maybe open the Pyramid. Would have been an arrangement that suited everyone, they got to play a high profile set for the 50th without the (justified) complaints about them headlining yet again.

Wouldn’t shock me if they did pop up somewhere in a non headline capacity.

My thoughts are slightly different … most of the piss taking seemed to be around the number of times he cropped up … rather than the fact he did … I’d say it’s the full Coldplay or nothing at all .. and the fact they are touring hints at something … we’ve had a few years without Coldplay now 😂

41 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Maybe in the time it’s taken they have found a way of making it carbon neutral ? 

Seems like something they’ll defo claim but I mean it’s flying every night around the world for a year or whatever. They’d have to plant a lot of trees to offset that.

Just seemed pretty disingenuous in the first place imo.

53 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

I swear Coldplay said last album they weren’t doing tours cause of the environment? 

I think the specific words were more along the lines of they needed to rethink how they did them, in order to be more sustainable.

Not handing out millions of single use plastic led wristbands would be a start.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Seems like something they’ll defo claim but I mean it’s flying every night around the world for a year or whatever. They’d have to plant a lot of trees to offset that.

Just seemed pretty disingenuous in the first place imo.

see id trust him ... and see what they say ... it would of course be a large offset .... but hopefully they will give some information as to what they are doing .... He seems pretty genuine and a nice bloke he will also get slated massively again if it doesnt match up to what was said previously ... despite its being a very big claim 

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

see id trust him ... and see what they say ... it would of course be a large offset .... but hopefully they will give some information as to what they are doing .... He seems pretty genuine and a nice bloke he will also get slated massively again if it doesnt match up to what was said previously ... despite its being a very big claim 

I think what CM said in 2019 was that they wouldn't tour that particular album until they found a more sustainable way to do so. Little did he know that within six months they wouldn't have much choice anyway! The actual interview is here. It's also quite an interesting read on carbon footprint.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-50490700.amp

Edited by Supernintendo Chalmers
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I think what CM said in 2019 was that they wouldn't tour that particular album until they found a more sustainable way to do so. Little did he know that within six months they wouldn't have much choice anyway! The actual interview is here. It's also quite an interesting read on carbon footprint.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-50490700.amp

It’s gonna be good to see what they can do … on another note that U2 stage looks phenomenal