Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

Would say my favourite London outdoor venue is Victoria Park where APE is, organisation there is fantastic and sound was good for me

also any votes for SSE Wembley over Ally pally are crazy, the seats ruin it and its like a baby o2

Festival wise, Latitude with the trees is awesome but the walk is pretty long. The big tent is also on a sideways hill which is a bit rubbish, on the left hand side facing the stage its very low down. Reading is certainly the best for walking distance, Boardmasters was the worst almost 30 minutes. I love isle of wight but the ferrys a pain. Boardmasters definitely the worst - so far away and super long walks

Edited by gfa

1 hour ago, gfa said:

Would say my favourite London outdoor venue is Victoria Park where APE is, organisation there is fantastic and sound was good for me

also any votes for SSE Wembley over Ally pally are crazy, the seats ruin it and its like a baby o2

Festival wise, Latitude with the trees is awesome but the walk is pretty long. The big tent is also on a sideways hill which is a bit rubbish, on the left hand side facing the stage its very low down. Reading is certainly the best for walking distance, Boardmasters was the worst almost 30 minutes. I love isle of wight but the ferrys a pain. Boardmasters definitely the worst - so far away and super long walks

I dislike Ally Pally due to the bottleneck. I also had one if my favourite nights at Wembley and the sound is brilliant.

29 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I dislike Ally Pally due to the bottleneck. I also had one if my favourite nights at Wembley and the sound is brilliant.

Bottleneck where? I can't remember it being too bad except maybe for toilets? Good point on the sound though, Ally pally's isnt great

Edited by gfa

36 minutes ago, gfa said:

Bottleneck where? I can't remember it being too bad except maybe for toilets? Good point on the sound though, Ally pally's isnt great

Last time I went Ally Pally, the door through the middle to get in was a nightmare at times. If I remember you've got to get past the side wheelchair access areas whereas Wembley is way more open to the arena entrance.

The sound was okay but for sound I'd choose many London Venue over it. I try to stay away from The 02. Another venue shout actually is the hammersmith apollo, I'm sure that has a slope too. But the best London venue was all about the Astoria back in the early 2000s. Obviously it was long before that but it was that era at my age.

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

But the best London venue was all about the Astoria back in the early 2000s. Obviously it was long before that but it was that era at my age.

In full agreement, saw many a band there in it's hay day. Good sound and just the right size that you were never that far away from the band.

15 hours ago, gfa said:

I think the Ally Pally is fine for toilets myself, its handy to realise you can also use the ones in the building in addition to the portaloos they have at the back. I really like that I can get a drink in the smoking area there. It's always a mad dash to have a piss, smoke and get the next round in between the support acts so that's handy.

I will also give props to Kentish Town Forum as you can get a two pint drink in one cup. When I go to gigs I will end up having 4-8 pints (depending if I'm moshing or not) at the venue so getting bigger drink saves queuing time.

Edited by jump
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, parsonjack said:

There's a Saturday missing in this jaunt.....

Screenshot_20211009-083708.png

Can’t really see her being back. She played at a point where she was briefly quite hip and cool but I don’t think she is anymore. If she plays it won’t be the size she had last time.

Edited by Matt42

20 minutes ago, jump said:

I think the Ally Pally is fine for toilets myself, its handy to realise you can also use the ones in the building in addition to the portaloos they have at the back. I really like that I can get a drink in the smoking area there. It's always a mad dash to have a piss, smoke and get the next round in between the support acts so that's handy.

I will also give props to Kentish Town Forum as you can get a two pint drink in one cup. When I go to gigs I will end up having 4-8 pints (depending if I'm moshing or not) at the venue so getting bigger drink saves queuing time.

Seems the bottleneck is at the entrance to the main room although i can’t remember it being too bad ever.

they were doing 2 pint cups pre-covid, had one at Vampire Weekend which was nov 2019.

i didn’t even realise there were toilets at the back, i always use the ones up the stairs so will have to use them next time - thanks!

6 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Can’t really see her being back. She played at a point where she was briefly quite hip and cool but I don’t think she is anymore. If she plays it won’t be the size she had last time.

I’ve said before that she upset the  festival with pulling out on the day of the Extravaganza in 2018

20 hours ago, Dales said:

In full agreement, saw many a band there in it's hay day. Good sound and just the right size that you were never that far away from the band.

Yup. Saw Linkin Park there back in the day, 2007. One of my best ever gigs and a perfect setlist when they still did Don't Stay.

25 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Oh I didn’t know this! Interesting.

They flew Tom Odell from a family bbq in Norfolk in a helicopter which landed at the farm to replace her last minute.

She was actually at the Extravaganza back stage and got checked over by our doctor. Her throat was to bad , although she sang at her own gig the night before.

Edited by westholtschic

1 hour ago, Ddiamondd said:

This would be dynamite. Meg gets massively into the swing of things and would love the experience I reckon. She’d draw an enormous crowd and kill it, plus any appearance on the Beeb’s TV/radio round-ups would be a hoot too.

Mid-Pyramid or high Other please.

I think she’d have to be something like an other sub I reckon.