Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

1 hour ago, Woffy said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet:

More Wet Leg tour dates released for next April / May.

Would love to see them on the farm. 

Yep, I've got tickets booked for the Brudenell in Leeds but I would say they'll be at the festival too

2 hours ago, Woffy said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet:

More Wet Leg tour dates released for next April / May.

Would love to see them on the farm. 

Think they’re pretty much nailed on. Have bought tickets to see them in in May, can’t wait. Hope they put out some form of album/EP by then. 

17 hours ago, incident said:

Playing the literal best venue in the country. Nothing surprising there.

Have we had a "best venue in the country" thread? Could be interesting.

Will definitely start some arguments but even they may be fun to watch from afar. Might make some fake accounts to tell everyone why The O2 Arena is the best and make sure it wins any poll - that'll really get people going.

Just now, zeppelin said:

Will definitely start some arguments but even they may be fun to watch from afar. Might make some fake accounts to tell everyone why The O2 Arena is the best and make sure it wins any poll - that'll really get people going.

My personal favourites:

• Camden Roundhouse
  • Castlefield Bowl
  • The Royal Albert Hall
  • The Deaf Institute (Manchester)
  • Brixton Academy

14 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

The Ritz - Manchester

Marble Factory - Bristol

Clwb ifor Bach - Cardiff 

Rock City - Nottingham

Hare and hounds - Birmingham 

Should be immediately demolished - Bristol Academy. 

10 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

I'm pretty sure I started one years and years ago. It started as I went to The O2 and there were posters everywhere sayings it's the country's favourite venue, FUCK OFF! I think it was The Astroria (it was that long ago) that people said was the best if I remember correctly.

Much preferred;

Camden Underworld, it feels like a proper warts and all rock venue. It's possibly the venue I've gone to the most gigs at.

Roundhouse, the sounds is good, you can always get a good viewing spot and it doesn't feel crammed in when sold out plus the bars are fairly quick. They need more men's toilets though.

Koko, always felt cool to be there and it's good both upstairs and in the stalls. Are they still planning to reopen after that fire?

Most hated;

The O2, FUCK OFF!

Royal Albert Hall, it just feels like your Gran's living room and you have to behave yourself. It might have changed since but the drink choices were shit when I went there.

Wembley Arean, the sounds is always off, you can't go out for a smoke anymore, it feels miserable when you're standing at the back and pissing about finding the right door to go into the main room annoys me.

27 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Its Manchester's Albert Hall 

I'd have gone for this until last week, then went to Liverpool Grand Central Hall which has snaffled the crown because it looks just as great, has Guinness on tap and I can get the bus home.

dti133208.jpg

45 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

Hare & Hounds in King’s Heath (Birmingham) is a personal fave. 

In London, my favourites are: 

The Windmill, Union Chapel and Heaven. 

I’ve had really mixed experiences in Brixton Academy - some piss poor (Fontaines - walked out it was so awful), some have been my favourite gigs of all time (e.g. Charli XCX). 

Quite a big fan of Alexandra Palace, anything bigger than that in London is dogshit. Small venues wise I am a fan of Village Underground and also Oval Space is really cool when they get the mini venues etc open and close off the road. Brixton very solid too, great slope to it