Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

8 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Trying to remember what day Glasto is on this year but they’ve got a date on Glasto Saturday right? No consecutive dates on this tour?

Yeah that's a good point - looks like they're in London on the Saturday, so with no consecutive dates in mind that probably squashes any likelihood of them showing up on the farm.

Support acts for the tour include a variation between Anderson Paak, A$AP Rocky, Beck, HAIM, King Princess, St Vincent, The Strokes and Thundercat. Crazy.

Full announcement video here for anyone interested: 

Just now, Col!n said:

Yeah that's a good point - looks like they're in London on the Saturday, so with no consecutive dates in mind that probably squashes any likelihood of them showing up on the farm.

Support acts for the tour include a variation between Anderson Paak, A$AP Rocky, Beck, HAIM, King Princess, St Vincent, The Strokes and Thundercat. Crazy.

Full announcement video here for anyone interested: 

Who’s supporting in the UK? I can’t watch this shit as I’m at work and I don’t want anyone thinking I like the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Who’s supporting in the UK? I can’t watch this shit as I’m at work and I don’t want anyone thinking I like the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Haven't actually watched it either as I'm also in an office, but don't think it says who's playing which dates yet.

Just now, the wonderwhy said:

image.png.e42981390a59890add8eeeba6ccc2fbb.png

That's the list of supports. Obviously wont be The Strokes over here and I feel like St Vinny is supporting someone else around that time? 

Yeah supporting Foo Fighters on Saturday 25th so won’t be doing it in UK. Imagine knowing in 2014 during all the ‘new Bowie’ hype that Annie would eventually be supporting wiener rock bands in mammoth stadiums.

8 minutes ago, Col!n said:

Haven't actually watched it either as I'm also in an office, but don't think it says who's playing which dates yet.

Haha - okay I just watched it and it looks fake to me. I didn't see the first tour announcement video so unsure if that's the aesthetic though. Would take it with a very light pinch of salt before anything official is announced.

1 hour ago, the wonderwhy said:

image.png.e42981390a59890add8eeeba6ccc2fbb.png

That's the list of supports. Obviously wont be The Strokes over here and I feel like St Vinny is supporting someone else around that time? 

Excuse me what… those support acts are massive. Aren’t some of these acts headliners at some places they play at? How did they manage that…

6 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

The Strokes won’t play a festival below headline but will support RHCP?

With the quality of supports they've bagged I imagine they'll all have been offered a very good payday for it. They're huge, 65k+ venues enormo-stadiums in the States so a few of these supports will definitely push a few undecideds over the line to buy, and will be compensated accordingly. I can't imagine A$AP for instance bothering to do a support slot unless it's a decent cheque.

I'm sure they'd support in the UK too if they were paid accordingly. Probably have their own dates already booked during the Euro leg.

The Strokes have shown multiple times that they mainly care about the money. Pretty sure one of them said as much before. The fact that the money they want is usually headliner-sized is probably more of a coincidence. Give them 20m and they'd probably open the Other Stage.