Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

10 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Funny you mention them - I think they (along with alt-J) are in contention to headline John Peel. I know they were booked to not headline it last time but they’re emerging as a pretty crucial modern band.

I have been putting them as a sub in my predictions only because I think there will be at least one female headliner on the JP. I have a hunch that Charli will move to a bigger stage and FKA is on the Sunday (pending she is back touring again… which I think she is…). Not the place for this but that’s just my view.

Wrong to call it “indie” but heat waves has been a sleeper hit of the summer.

Edited by Matt42

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I have been putting them as a sub in my predictions only because I think there will be at least one female headliner on the JP. I have a hunch that Charli will move to a bigger stage and FKA is on the Sunday (pending she is back touring again… which I think she is…). Not the place for this but that’s just my view.

Wrong to call it “indie” but heat waves has been a sleeper hit of the summer.

It was blowing up quite late last year too as it was on Fifa

17 hours ago, jump said:

He was before my time and I’m in no rush to get tixs to see him again but in fairness he is pretty good live. I’ve seen a few bands that were meant to be the next big and they didn’t come close to having his energy or charisma on stage despite the 40 year age gap.

I've seen Billy Idol at the Mandalay Bay in Vegas (on a stage in the middle of the fake sea!) and it was bloody brilliant.  I got a presale link for this Arena Tour via his FB page yesterday, but the London gig is Wembley Arena (meh!) and is all seated (meh!). I know his audience is a certain age demographic, but we're not all dead yet!  Can't abide all seaters.  I really hope he is on the Glastonbury bill, I will be there to see him.  

5 hours ago, AlexOvd said:

"their music seems strangely fit for the TikTok era". WTF. 

Alt-J is a VERY GOOD band with three solid albums and even the new single is a good one. I understand not all people can like them, but I don't understand the lack of recognition they get in this forum... 

The 3rd album is absolutely terrible. First 2 are superb. Another long line of bands who only manage the two. Hoping they can recapture some old form.

7 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Rock Werchter Sunday headliner coming tomorrow. Will be interesting to see (could just be Red Hot Chili Peppers but who knows).

2F89E0FC-67AE-4FDD-9EEA-22D8F5DEB67A.jpeg

Liam Gallagher has just said he’s got a massive announcement tomoz.  Dunno if he’s big enough to headline it?!

3 minutes ago, Drinky said:

Next year‘s Super Bowl halftime show is Dr Dre and friends - Snoop Dogg, Eminem, Kendrick Lamar, and Mary J. Blige. Package tour coming next Spring?

Hahaha you wish. This already happened ( minus mary j ) at Coachella in 2012. And a Tupac hologram to boot. Dre doesnt tour anymore as it is.