Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

Summary of where we are so far. I've not added everyone playing on the big European Festivals as I've already wasted too much time on it, not included people who were discussed but later ruled out and May isn't around Glastonbury 😛. I'm bound to have missed stuff so feel free to add any others we know about..

Did it feel good to make that list? Did you feel a rush?

Parquet Courts

Sat. May 21 - Paris, FR @ La Trianon
Sun. May 22 - Antwerp, BE @ Trix
Tue. May 24 - Cologne, DE @ Stollwerck
Wed. May 25 - Berlin, DE @ Heimathafen Neukölln
Fri. May 27 - Hamburg, DE @ Uebel & Gefährlich
Sat. May 28 - Nijmegen, NL @ Doornroosje
Mon. May 30 - Amsterdam, NL @ Paradiso
Tue. May 31 - Lille, FR @ Le Grand Mix
Wed. June 1 - Lyon, FR @ Epicerie Moderne
Fri. June 3 - Barcelona, ES @ Primavera Sound
Wed. June 8 - Brighton, UK @ Chalk
Thu. June 9 - London, UK @ Brixton O2 Academy
Sat. June 11 - Dublin, IE @ Helix
Sun. June 12 - Manchester, UK @ Albert Hall
Mon. June 13 - Leeds, UK @ Stylus
Wed. June 15 - Glasgow, UK @ The Barrowland Ballroom
Thu. June 16 - Birmingham, UK @ O2 Institute

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Parquet Courts

Sat. May 21 - Paris, FR @ La Trianon
Sun. May 22 - Antwerp, BE @ Trix
Tue. May 24 - Cologne, DE @ Stollwerck
Wed. May 25 - Berlin, DE @ Heimathafen Neukölln
Fri. May 27 - Hamburg, DE @ Uebel & Gefährlich
Sat. May 28 - Nijmegen, NL @ Doornroosje
Mon. May 30 - Amsterdam, NL @ Paradiso
Tue. May 31 - Lille, FR @ Le Grand Mix
Wed. June 1 - Lyon, FR @ Epicerie Moderne
Fri. June 3 - Barcelona, ES @ Primavera Sound
Wed. June 8 - Brighton, UK @ Chalk
Thu. June 9 - London, UK @ Brixton O2 Academy
Sat. June 11 - Dublin, IE @ Helix
Sun. June 12 - Manchester, UK @ Albert Hall
Mon. June 13 - Leeds, UK @ Stylus
Wed. June 15 - Glasgow, UK @ The Barrowland Ballroom
Thu. June 16 - Birmingham, UK @ O2 Institute

Get PC at Glastonbury into my veins!!!

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

So we’ve found nu-Kasabian’s (possibly temporary) level then. Still think it’ll most likely be a secret set from them, but I wonder if Other headliner is where they’ll settle down eventually. 

A coheadline with Blossoms? Sounds to me like it could be lower than that. JP headline?

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

A coheadline with Blossoms? Sounds to me like it could be lower than that. JP headline?

Ah I hadn’t really considered it a co-headline but maybe you’re right, although considering the predicament of relaunching their band frontman-less I’d say this is just a stepping stone and they could edge their way up again, and if people are willing to accept them Tomless then Other headliner doesn’t seem a far reach at all. 

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

I guarantee that whatever guise Kasabian return in they will still be bigger than those two acts.

Maybe in time but surely you can’t guarantee it as they’ve literally just been announced for the same festivals as co-headliners! Actually indicates Courteeners are the bigger draw there

12 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I guarantee that whatever guise Kasabian return in they will still be bigger than those two acts.

Definitely. There's no way they're thinking "shit, will we sell enough tickets by booking Kasabian? Best get on the phone to Blossoms". It's to pacify Blossoms - who are certifiably a big band in that area.

I don't see Kasabian playing below headline status at Glastonbury yet, but taking gigs like that undeniably puts a huge dent in them doing it ever again. There is smart money in them headlining all of Y Not, Tramlines, Truck, Boardies and all that next year and joining the cabal of bands like Foals and Stereophonics and Catfish who will do those gigs forever more.

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Definitely. There's no way they're thinking "shit, will we sell enough tickets by booking Kasabian? Best get on the phone to Blossoms". It's to pacify Blossoms - who are certifiably a big band in that area.

I don't see Kasabian playing below headline status at Glastonbury yet, but taking gigs like that undeniably puts a huge dent in them doing it ever again. There is smart money in them headlining all of Y Not, Tramlines, Truck, Boardies and all that next year and joining the cabal of bands like Foals and Stereophonics and Catfish who will do those gigs forever more.

Yeah I think it’s more likely they will stick to mid-tier festivals than do supporting duties at Glastonbury. I also can’t see the festival booking them for an other stage headline. I think they will have better candidates lining up to do it.

6 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

Sorry I read that back and it came across really arsey. 

I meant after so long with nothing to look forward to with line up for the festival we’re you excited to be able to do this. 

No need to apologise, I guessed that but thought there was a deeper meaning.

27 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Yeah I think it’s more likely they will stick to mid-tier festivals than do supporting duties at Glastonbury.

To be honest, I think lots of acts are going to go that way. It's quite a smart move.

The mid-tier, as we know it now, is getting pretty huge - selling out quicker each year and expanding in capacity. The acts at the top of the pyramid (excuse the pun) may only play stadiums/London parks and Glastonbury but if there are a bunch of paydays for these bands willing to step out of Glastonbury headline consideration then they're going to start taking them.

It won't mean they're now obliged to take non-headline slots at festivals either because there are that many to headline. It perhaps won't even be long until the 'mid-tier' festivals are sharing headline acts with Glastonbury, thus obliterating the division between.

Edited by dentalplan

43 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

It perhaps won't even be long until the 'mid-tier' festivals are sharing headline acts with Glastonbury, thus obliterating the division between.

Boardmasters is practically there honestly - KOL, 1975, Gorillaz all booked recently