Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

1 minute ago, parsonjack said:

To be fair I don't think it's totally off the table yet.  Unlikely granted.....

In fairness I could see the announcement of a second Hyde Park date being delayed given the rescheduling of the (already delayed) 2021 gigs. Bit harsh to announce a new 2022 gig at the same time as saying to those with tickets bought years ago they need to wait till 2023 for their re-rescheduled gig. 

8 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

In fairness I could see the announcement of a second Hyde Park date being delayed given the rescheduling of the (already delayed) 2021 gigs. Bit harsh to announce a new 2022 gig at the same time as saying to those with tickets bought years ago they need to wait till 2023 for their re-rescheduled gig. 

He only announced the first one a couple of weeks ago.

19 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Is that info as reliable as that second Reg BST show you told us about?

Im making a joke. But I really dont think theres any reason he wouldnt add some dates considering this touring format with every weekend having a gig somewhere. He could easily do more more dates at Wembley. We'll wait til next week for whats next. And regarding Elton its going to be interesting if people just snag tickets for Hyde now since the O2 got pushed back so far. Or if people just sell them.

I would not be surprised at a secret gig, but it won't be in the JP tent ot anything. I think there may be a mid afternoon Pyramid tba opposite a larger Other stage act. If they say could get Dickie for a 4th/5th down Other stage slot. Speaking of him, if he isn't there next year then I jist don't see it. But something like that would work. Anywhere else and it's not worth the effort of doing it now.

I don't see Ed as above being humble to do it either. He will headline again too one one day.

7 hours ago, thewayiam said:

I would not be surprised at a secret gig, but it won't be in the JP tent ot anything. I think there may be a mid afternoon Pyramid tba opposite a larger Other stage act. If they say could get Dickie for a 4th/5th down Other stage slot. Speaking of him, if he isn't there next year then I jist don't see it. But something like that would work. Anywhere else and it's not worth the effort of doing it now.

I don't see Ed as above being humble to do it either. He will headline again too one one day.

Dickie? As in Ashcroft? He will see himself as headline pyramid or out.

9 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Nobody will be booking him until he stops being a knob

I personally think Ed is a bit too big for a secret set - while he’s slated on here he’s incredibly popular with the general public and if word got out he was playing on a smallish stage it would probably be a bit hazardous. I think it’s likely he could come on with another artist, but I feel like Ed is more likely to just come to Glastonbury for some time off rather than guest.

Whilst I think Supre calls both heads and tails when he says people have second dates, I do think it’s likely he will be adding more Wembley dates anyway as the events he’s announced in the first wave will probably sell like hot cakes. Wouldn’t surprise me at all if there are plans to add extra shows.

9 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Jesus christ then half of Glastonbury won't be attending!

It seems odd you're defending him as over the last few months you've been demanding more restrictions at festivals/gigs whilst he's demands less and you've been calling people who disagreed with you names as bad as knob on here.