Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

That's proper wild. They never get anyone like that usually.

It's an 'exclusive north of England show' so they're playing somewhere down south around that time I guess.

BUT WHEEEEREE?

Would say APE again but that’s moved to August right?

Other than that, surely can only be Latitude?

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

I wouldn't be surprised by BST again. I know they did pretty shit at shifting tickets last time but they sold out All Points East and, well, they have worse ticket-shifters there next year.

edit: beat me to it but yeah

Edited by dentalplan

19 minutes ago, she bangs the drums said:

Looks like Young Father's are active the week after Glastonbury playing in France, supporting Massive Attack 

https://www.young-fathers.com/

https://www.songkick.com/concerts/32179884-massive-attack-at-arenes-de-nimes?utm_source=24104&utm_medium=partner

This is great news, hopefully we'll get new music from then next year too. They're a brilliant live band so I'd be really happy if they're at Glastonbury too.

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Or BST again? 

BST does seem a good fit. I wonder if they'll go with 9 days next year given Elton's playing a week earlier than their usual gigs. The Strokes seem a decent fit as an act who won't necessarily sell it out but will be a decent ticket shifter to fill a night while the stage is up.

19 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I know the acts they usually have say it all... but THAT is an abomination.

What’s all this about splitting the audience, deckchairs on one side! It must really reduce the atmosphere of the whole event? 

When I first saw the map, I thought it was a river dividing it ha ha....

£45 for Strokes and Fontaines is an absolute steal in my book, when you pay upwards of £50 for an act at any sizeable arena. Slightly annoying how there's a golden circle style VIP section, but at-least it's only half of the front section I guess. They're going to have to put a lot of security between the two sections to prevent people from trying their luck and jumping over the barriers. I'll definitely be trying for tickets on this one, Strokes just over an hour away from Manchester is a rare occurrence. 

I also can't seem to find where it officially mentions that it's an exclusive show up north, and that they'll be playing in the south at some point? Only place I can find that briefly mentions it is an NME article. Was it just in a press release or was it stated elsewhere?

18 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Well shit, that sure puts a few people into play.

Edit: my girlfriend got all smiles at Snow Patrol being within striking distance of the fest now.

I’d expect to see SP back. They were originally down for 2019 but had to pull out, can’t remember if they were on the poster for 2020 or not but wouldn’t be at all surprised to see them third down the Other again.

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I’d expect to see SP back. They were originally down for 2019 but had to pull out, can’t remember if they were on the poster for 2020 or not but wouldn’t be at all surprised to see them third down the Other again.

They werent on the 2020 poster initially which had me wondering if they were just going to appear on the next  one with stage breakdowns and such. Either way, this is a good thing for the moment. 

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Someone on here who seemed to be in the know said they were playing Latitude in 2019 I think but they ended up at APE instead. 

Would personally guess a London show of their own and then maybe a show in Glasgow too in July time