Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

24 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

I'd say headlining/top 2 Other is a completely fair possibility!

Don't think he's taken anything lower than a headline booking for a while now. Ken in the rock werchter thread said they can't book him because he wants to headline where he goes.

Just now, Matt42 said:

God download have absolutely fucked it haven’t they? They jumped the gun big time locking down three headliners when much bigger artists are around.

As I said in another thread. A lot of festivals weren’t prepared to wait, being hit with massive costs for cancellation and refunds, they were just desperate to get any lineup out and tickets on sale again.

4 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

HODLing KISS for three years running is honestly pathetic.

Holding Kiss and going for Biffy when Slipknot, Metallica, NIN, Guns and Roses, Rage Against the Machine etc are around is… choices.

Edited by Matt42

In 2019 we saw Yola in the Avalon. She was amazing. I've been listening to her new album ' Stand for myself ' a lot lately and I'm really hopeful she'll get pushed up the bill next year. I can see a support or headline at Avalon or lower down on West Holts. She's touring all over the US during early 2022 and has a July gig in Amsterdam, so big Glasto hole 🤞

• Upvote 1

On 8/23/2021 at 12:11 PM, Matt42 said:

Holding Kiss and going for Biffy when Slipknot, Metallica, NIN, Guns and Roses, Rage Against the Machine etc are around is… choices.

At least Biffy are contemporary by Download standard but yeah KISS as a headliner today isn't the most exciting option but it's meant to be their last ever UK show. I don't give a shit about it myself but it's for the double denim dinosaurs that roam Download.

1 hour ago, jump said:

At least Biffy are contemporary by Download standard but yeah KISS as a headliner today isn't the most exciting option but it's meant to be their last ever UK show. I don't give a shit about it myself but it's for the double denim dinosaurs that roam Download.

Haven’t Kiss been doing their “last ever shows” for a decade now?

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Exactly what I was going to say - I reckon some of these bands pretend they are splitting up just to get some gigs.

Terrorvision use to do that just to wind people up.

10 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Haven’t Kiss been doing their “last ever shows” for a decade now?

I don't know enough about KISS to properly comment but as far as I know there was a reunion and then farewell of the original line tour in early 00s but this is the only Gene therefor KISS is quitting tour. This does seemed to have been dragged out for awhile with covid delaying so many of their shows as I remember hearing about their last ever tour in 2018.