Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

14 minutes ago, gfa said:

They had 3 songs in the top 20 at one point around a month ago, not sure how they are doing now and most likely won’t have any contingency but still pretty big currently 

I Wanna Be Your Slave is a fat choon. As is the Eurovision song. Would be there. 

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

5 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Does Saturday always bestow the highest honour though? 

Blur, Stevie Wonder, Beyoncé, David Bowie, Coldplay, The Cure, The Who (first time...) — you'd be hard pressed to say any of that lot suffered from being the grand finalé in their respective years.

Macca's done it once, Reg is one of about 10 people on earth who has a roughly equal stature, it's hardly a sledgehammer to the ego to shuffle over one night and make room for another veteran galactico.

And yeah, as @Florian Saucer Attack says, if it's logistically doable, he might not care either way.

I’m not saying Macca couldn’t play another night if he’s doing it next year, but if he’s already signed a contract for the Saturday then I’d imagine any other potential headliners being brought to the table would have to work around that.

Last year Emily said Macca had something special arranged for his set. If that involved special guests, some of whom may already playing the Saturday, then I guess that would also make it unlikely he’d consider moving the date.

4 minutes ago, balthazarstarbuck said:

2008 at Anfield. He did drums for Back in the USSR. Great stuff.

He probably did more that year as well I guess.

Yep, Band On The Run on guitar then Back In The USSR on drums. One of my favourite ever gigs.

Dave comes on at 10:45:

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Awfully difficult to declare you’re going to play ‘all fucking night’ if you rock up for a secret set in the middle of the day.

An hour long set at lunchtime which ends up being 5 songs, one of which is Cold Day in the Sun and another is the Queen medley. 

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

I don’t think it was. I think that was just a rumour. The rumour was they were doing a middle of the day set.

Sunday sub still remains a mystery.

Emily said that they were going to play, nobody ever clarified where. Them subbing has always been my suspicion, and it always will be.

25 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Emily said that they were going to play, nobody ever clarified where. Them subbing has always been my suspicion, and it always will be.

My suspicion is an American act was subbing Taylor and they pulled out due to the current situation. 

Alicia Keys hinting that she was there was interesting to me. She would be a good act on that day. 

4 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

So do these dates make Macca more likely for the Sunday?

Reg on the Saturday (he's playing Wednesday and Tuesday so having him smack bang in the middle of those dates makes sense).

Billie - Reg - Macca.

Nailed on.

Reg?

Haim, UK & Ireland tour dates rescheduled to summer 2022,

Dublin Trinity College, 28 June (Summer Series)
Leeds Millennium Square, 13 July
Glasgow The SSE Hydro, 14
Manchester O2 Victoria Warehouse, 16
Manchester O2 Victoria Warehouse, 17
Nottingham Motorpoint Arena, 19
Cardiff Motorpoint Arena, 20
London The O2, 21