Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

Just now, brettredmayne said:

Where did you read that , thought Coldplay had stopped touring 

They never said they will stop touring only that they would tour in a sustainable way so just boats rather than planes I guess.

So damaging the environment is bad but damaging people’s ears is good.

1 minute ago, jump said:

They never said they will stop touring only that they would tour in a sustainable way so just boats rather than planes I guess.

So damaging the environment is bad but damaging people’s ears is good.

They’re doing all future shows from their own permanent stage erected smack bang in the middle of the Pyramid field.

2 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Prob some close proximity filler fests around all that. Lolla Stolkholm and the like. 

Yeah quite likely.

Alternatively, they could be leaving it free as a backup - I'm sure some artists do that, based on the frequency of 'Glasto shaped holes' - which is about their level now. But either way, I'm pretty sure they would not be booked to headline 10 months out.

• 2 weeks later...

I still think Foos were due to be a surprise for the 2020 festival. Their random EU tour right around the festival with no release and no UK date was highly suspicious.

In my mind they would have to guest on either other or pyramid. They’d get a massive crowd if it leaked.

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I still think Foos were due to be a surprise for the 2020 festival. Their random EU tour right around the festival with no release and no UK date was highly suspicious.

In my mind they would have to guest on either other or pyramid. They’d get a massive crowd if it leaked.

Any bigger than the Killers?

7 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

If it hadn't been for the QOTSA news, I'd have said Royal Blood and Biffy could have subbed or headlined the Other. 

I still reckon Biffy will be there. I thought that though when Download was announced. Download don't have a hold on them not to, Glastonbury is essentially sold. 

It will also will also have been 4 years. My guess now is Biffy Clyro, Noel Gallagher and Dua Lipa to sub.

Royal Blood are playing too many gigs this year of those smaller to medium festivals with Victorious I guess being classed as a large but they don't get main stage headliners.

I don't think the festival need to get Haim or Wolf Alice to sub when bigger options are around and Reading haven't given Wolf Alice a slot big enough for them to demand higher. Haim 3rd down I agree but they still haven't sold out Nottingham yet or a second night at Manchestet Victoria.

I think Lorde maybe a perfect alternative to Arctics on Saturday on Other. I'm not kinda in the thought Fatboy Slim may not Other but I'm touting him for WHs headliner. Not your usual type but the gigs he's doing on tour are big enough to be above JP easily.

I'm also going for Architects to play 3rd down Other stage.

I think AJ Tracey subbing Other under Lorde works. His tour dates aren't flying out either even on the standing. I think it was premature to be playing those venues for him personally.

So maybe like.

Billie, Dua Lipa, Catfish +TBM

QOTSA, Wolf Alice, Architects

Arctic Monkeys, Noel Gallagher, Aerosmith, Mabel, Crowded House 

Lorde, AJ Tracey, Blossoms

Elton or Macca, Biffy Clyro, Haim, Diana Ross, The Specials

Pet Shop Boys, Anne-Marie

I think Mabel flows into AJ and Lorde for the youngsters.

2 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I still reckon Biffy will be there. I thought that though when Download was announced. Download don't have a hold on them not to, Glastonbury is essentially sold. 

It will also will also have been 4 years. My guess now is Biffy Clyro, Noel Gallagher and Dua Lipa to sub.

Royal Blood are playing too many gigs this year of those smaller to medium festivals with Victorious I guess being classed as a large but they don't get main stage headliners.

I don't think the festival need to get Haim or Wolf Alice to sub when bigger options are around and Reading haven't given Wolf Alice a slot big enough for them to demand higher. Haim 3rd down I agree but they still haven't sold out Nottingham yet or a second night at Manchestet Victoria.

I think Lorde maybe a perfect alternative to Arctics on Saturday on Other. I'm not kinda in the thought Fatboy Slim may not Other but I'm touting him for WHs headliner. Not your usual type but the gigs he's doing on tour are big enough to be above JP easily.

I'm also going for Architects to play 3rd down Other stage.

I think AJ Tracey subbing Other under Lorde works. His tour dates aren't flying out either even on the standing. I think it was premature to be playing those venues for him personally.

So maybe like.

Billie, Dua Lipa, Catfish +TBM

QOTSA, Wolf Alice, Architects

Arctic Monkeys, Noel Gallagher, Aerosmith, Mabel, Crowded House 

Lorde, AJ Tracey, Blossoms

Elton or Macca, Biffy Clyro, Haim, Diana Ross, The Specials

Pet Shop Boys, Anne-Marie

I think Mabel flows into AJ and Lorde for the youngsters.

Swap Dua and Lorde around and you might be on to something.