Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Slightly too early for a jaunt around the Euro festivals annoyingly, would suggest APE but the O2 date scuppers that.

They’re playing Mad Cool a couple of weeks after Glastonbury so they are around next summer. I wouldn’t be too surprised if they ended up doing something like headlining Latitude as an exclusive but hopefully they’re at Glastonbury.

3 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

They’re playing Mad Cool a couple of weeks after Glastonbury so they are around next summer. I wouldn’t be too surprised if they ended up doing something like headlining Latitude as an exclusive but hopefully they’re at Glastonbury.

Ah… Now that I didn’t know.

That does change the picture.

4 minutes ago, Pastor.Of.Muppets said:

The Mad Cool date suggests that they'll play several festival around Glastonbury.

Totally up for it, would love to see them in the Other sub slot in the sunset.

This is the dream

New confirmations for Hurricane/Southside the weekend before Glasto:

Martin Garrix // K.I.Z. // Dermot Kennedy // CHVRCHES // IDLES // Royal Blood // Tones And I // Sam Fender // Killswitch Engage // JC Stewart // Holly Humberstone // Reignwolf // Kat Frankie // Inhaler // Press Club // The Lathums

Most of them were announced for 2020 and 2021 in the first place but a few are new (e.g. Chvrches, Idles and Royal Blood).

2 hours ago, Pastor.Of.Muppets said:

Totally up for it, would love to see them in the Other sub slot in the sunset.

Yeah I think it’s between subbing the big one or the less big one, which is a great place to be as they’ll rock a sunset slot. Latitude or APE can have the headline slot. 

Just now, dentalplan said:

Yeah I think it’s between subbing the big one or the less big one, which is a great place to be as they’ll rock a sunset slot. Latitude or APE can have the headline slot. 

I think that O2 date rules then out of APE I’d say.

Latitude headliner looks a shout.

46 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I hope they playing the big G. Third down pyramid I reckon after Diana.

It might just be pure coincidence but what with them having Chic after Barry and Miley after Kylie the past two festivals I’d kind of assumed they might be trying to make Sunday afternoon at the Pyramid a bit of a double act, so TWOD would be pretty against that and really harsh any DRoss vibes. 

But like I say, those two instances might’ve just been happy accidents/lucky bookings so who knows. I think they’re more likely to end up on Other myself, but I’ll happily have them nailing a Pyramid slot again like in ‘14.

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

It might just be pure coincidence but what with them having Chic after Barry and Miley after Kylie the past two festivals I’d kind of assumed they might be trying to make Sunday afternoon at the Pyramid a bit of a double act, so TWOD would be pretty against that and really harsh any DRoss vibes. 

But like I say, those two instances might’ve just been happy accidents/lucky bookings so who knows. I think they’re more likely to end up on Other myself, but I’ll happily have them nailing a Pyramid slot again like in ‘14.

Mind you, wasn’t it meant to be The Specials last year?

Just now, dentalplan said:

Mind you, wasn’t it meant to be The Specials last year?

I don’t think we ever came to a consensus on whether they’d be on pre or post Diana. I’d assumed pre, but then they’re not a band I pay any attention to so may be off with gaging how big they are. 

39 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I don’t think we ever came to a consensus on whether they’d be on pre or post Diana. I’d assumed pre, but then they’re not a band I pay any attention to so may be off with gaging how big they are. 

Mid level festival headliner still. I would assume, particularly given the lack of other major acts on the bill for Sunday, that they were third down. Would quite possibly retain that in 2022.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Mid level festival headliner still. I would assume, particularly given the lack of other major acts on the bill for Sunday, that they were third down. Would quite possibly retain that in 2022.

Pretty sure they were third down - the pyramid lineup for the Sunday was

Taylor Swift
TBA
The Specials
Diana Ross
Candi Station

3 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Pretty sure they were third down - the pyramid lineup for the Sunday was

Taylor Swift
TBA
The Specials
Diana Ross
Candi Station

Oh shit, I didn't even see Candi on the lineup originally.

Candi into Diana is an unbelievable afternoon!