Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

Dua absolutely is playing. There can’t be another way.

Without being picky… are those venues the venue of a headliner? I just think while she’s a gigantic streaming force it doesn’t seem to be translating into shows. 2 nights at the O2 doesn’t really scream Glasto headliner to me.

Im starting to warm to the idea that glasto have got her on roll over duties and she’s keen to play, as I don’t think she’s targeting to become a bona fide festival headliner yet.

Reading between the lines could this be a similar position to Florence in 2015, where she was originally booked as a sub, but a very strong sub at that.

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Without being picky… are those venues the venue of a headliner? I just think while she’s a gigantic streaming force it doesn’t seem to be translating into shows. 2 nights at the O2 doesn’t really scream Glasto headliner to me.

They're the venues that Kendrick, Billie, Macca and Reg are playing / have played recently.

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Im starting to warm to the idea that glasto have got her on roll over duties and she’s keen to play, as I don’t think she’s targeting to become a bona fide festival headliner yet.

Reading between the lines could this be a similar position to Florence in 2015, where she was originally booked as a sub, but a very strong sub at that.

These are the venues of a tour that got rescheduled back to what it originally was. Cant really do much about it.

5 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

These are the venues of a tour that got rescheduled back to what it originally was. Cant really do much about it.

You can't but I'd be cobsmacked if she isn't. And if Liam can do the tours he has and sub it then so can Dua Lipa. She won't be Other headliner, fairly sure of that but sub I see no reason why not. She's going to be around a little while, she's not passing up sub when it would be comfortably the highest festival spot she's had in the UK. If Kendrick doesn't make it I can see a fill in.

I think Dua's team would be open to sub if it's underneath someone like Elton.

Interestingly a lot of her UK tour still hasn't sold out despite her being a huge star – she hasn't had a chance to properly establish herself as a great live concert performer yet, so a really strong sub slot and then headlining in a couple of years on her next album could be a good move for her.

8 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Scenes when Dua announces a US tour in June/July.

Well Im already fuming that there was a better chance for Coachella with the dates happening in the fall. Then this got thrown in there to ruin it. I figure she does the latter part of u.s fests and arena dates mixed in. Easy booking for Lollapalooza since they have 8 headline slots to fill.

3 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

You can't but I'd be cobsmacked if she isn't. And if Liam can do the tours he has and sub it then so can Dua Lipa. She won't be Other headliner, fairly sure of that but sub I see no reason why not. She's going to be around a little while, she's not passing up sub when it would be comfortably the highest festival spot she's had in the UK. If Kendrick doesn't make it I can see a fill in.

If Kendrick is out ( which I think he is ) there are 2 replacements sitting there atm. 

16 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

I think Dua's team would be open to sub if it's underneath someone like Elton.

Interestingly a lot of her UK tour still hasn't sold out despite her being a huge star – she hasn't had a chance to properly establish herself as a great live concert performer yet, so a really strong sub slot and then headlining in a couple of years on her next album could be a good move for her.

Yeah my thinking is that she may be a megastar but the ticket sales tell the story. And others that you would question as a headliner have sold more tickets, albeit cheaper maybe but there are plenty of bigger headliners. Billie for example is much bigger. Personally bar a couple of songs, I think Dua's 1st album was better and her collab with Miley is probably the best newer song she's done.

14 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Well Im already fuming that there was a better chance for Coachella with the dates happening in the fall. Then this got thrown in there to ruin it. I figure she does the latter part of u.s fests and arena dates mixed in. Easy booking for Lollapalooza since they have 8 headline slots to fill.

If Kendrick is out ( which I think he is ) there are 2 replacements sitting there atm. 

I'm surprised at your want to attend Coachella?, I thought it was one you would hesitate for.

7 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Yeah my thinking is that she may be a megastar but the ticket sales tell the story. And others that you would question as a headliner have sold more tickets, albeit cheaper maybe but there are plenty of bigger headliners. Billie for example is much bigger. Personally bar a couple of songs, I think Dua's 1st album was better and her collab with Miley is probably the best newer song she's done.

I'm surprised at your want to attend Coachella?, I thought it was one you would hesitate for.

First off, I only live 2 hours away. Second, I think I wouldve hesitated 20 years ago I think. 

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

If rumours are believed he pulled out of Glasto in 2020 because they didnt give him a big enough slot. I think he asked to sub.

Oh didn’t hear that at all! Don’t he’ll ever play again if that’s the truth then 

3 minutes ago, sisco said:

Oh didn’t hear that at all! Don’t he’ll ever play again if that’s the truth then 

Some user shared it on here a while back if I remember correctly but his management apparently wanted huge slots for him.

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Some user shared it on here a while back if I remember correctly but his management apparently wanted huge slots for him.

Tbf I’m not surprised he was asking for such huge slots considering the hype around him at the time, although you’d of thought something like subbing Other would’ve still been a pretty good deal for him (obviously we have no idea what he was actually offered, mind).

Ah well, I’m sure we’ll cope without him.

12 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Tbf I’m not surprised he was asking for such huge slots considering the hype around him at the time, although you’d of thought something like subbing Other would’ve still been a pretty good deal for him (obviously we have no idea what he was actually offered, mind).

Ah well, I’m sure we’ll cope without him.

But it’s a weird a f approach to make. I could not name you a single song of his. Genuinely. I never hear anyone talk about him.

I’m probably not his target market and this sounds like a weird comparison but I’m going to make it.

He’s like the UK’s Garth Brookes. Absolutely massive, plays to huge crowds, but I’ve never met a single fan of his in my life. Nor could I pick him or his music out of a lineup. Completely off my radar.

Edited by Matt42

9 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

But it’s a weird a f approach to make. I could not name you a single song of his. Genuinely. I never hear anyone talk about him.

I’m probably not his target market and this sounds like a weird comparison but I’m going to make it.

He’s like the UK’s Garth Brookes. Absolutely massive, plays to huge crowds, but I’ve never met a single fan of his in my life. Nor could I pick him or his music out of a lineup. Completely off my radar.

Might as well take all the biggest slots and pay checks he can whilst he can because his success sure as shit isn’t one that’s gonna last. I’m sure he’ll be mid Other in a couple of years time. 

And he’s just indie rock for people who don’t really like indie rock. Much of the same crowd as those who like all the other men with guitars, except he sings less soppy love bollocks and more stompy laddy stuff. My introduction to him was seeing videos of crowds absolutely losing their minds to him at TRNSMT and wondering how on earth he’d seemingly gotten so big but completely passed me by, so you’re not alone in that one. 

15 minutes ago, jparx said:

Unbelievable if that Cinnamon story is true. The bollocks to turn down Glastonbury because he didn’t get a sub slot! Nothing wrong with ambition, but really mate?

Probably a management decision rather than a personal decision. His management in 2019/2020 did seem to be pushing the jake bugg effect of hyper inflated positions on lineups. 

4 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Not all those venues are sold out either and went on sale a bit before the pandemic originally. I don't think she seems like an artist that'd be headline or nothing personally.