Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

2 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Killers were perfectly fine in JP in 2017. 

How do you define perfectly fine? They had to close it off because it got out of hand and most people couldn’t get anywhere near the tent.

and that’s for an act which isn’t particularly moshy. 

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

How do you define perfectly fine? They had to close it off because it got out of hand and most people couldn’t get anywhere near the tent.

It wasn't out of hand, it was just full. Same as they've done with The Park in previous years. Monitor the crowd and close off tge field when it hits capacity. 

4 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Cause I was on the barrier from midway through King Gizzard onward. Was ok with sacrificing some stuff to see a big band in a small tent. And yeah, why wouldnt they have closed it off due to crowding? I had a friend who got in there right before they closed it off and it wasnt like a panic or trampling or anything. If youre going to be worried about that then put them in The Park where you can just sit on the hill and listen to the band. But even when Radiohead played they closed off The Park area so I dont know what you want the festival to due to curb your safety concerns. Either we get some big surprise acts or we get nothing at all.

Edited by Suprefan

13 hours ago, eddie_corrigan said:

Apparently the dancing one out of Mcfly has just confirmed on the one show they were meant to play last year and are going back next year. 🤷🏻‍♂️

This must be an Avalon headliner, much like Busted the other year. Couldn’t picture them anywhere else on site and getting a huge turnout.

14 hours ago, RaphPH said:

Lindsey Buckingham playing Heartland Fest in early June 2022. Surely a euro tour to follow. Huge irony if he ends up playing Glasto, particularly as the new incarnation of FM don’t play any songs from Tusk as a FU to Lindsey. 

Put Buckingham in the Saturday Burt slot.

Any sight of Doja Cat? I think she’s probably too big for a mid-stage slot in 2022 and she doesn’t look to have rescheduled primavera.

Could she be an option for Other headline in 2023? I think she’d be a lot of fun. Only thing is I could see her headlining R&L so maybe she’s not an option.

Edited by Matt42

23 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Any sight of Doja Cat? I think she’s probably too big for a mid-stage slot in 2022 and she doesn’t look to have rescheduled primavera.

Could she be an option for Other headline in 2023? I think she’d be a lot of fun. Only thing is I could see her headlining R&L so maybe she’s not an option.

Much like your previous two years predictions, I don’t think there’s much chance of her being there. I’m sure she’ll get bigger and better offers from the likes of Parklife, Wireless, Lovebox, R&L etc rather than whatever Glastonbury would be willing to give her.

I still think Reg, despite the G-shaped abyss, is the least likely. As folk have mentioned, he's got previous for having dates around Glastonbury and it sounds like despite all that he's never really been that close. I'd be absolutely delighted to be proved wrong and a Reg/Macca/Swifty trio would be sensational, but I've got a feeling we're still working on the assumption that all 3 of 2020's proposed headliners will be back, even if they haven't quite signed on the dotted line/confirmed their final plans for next year yet.

23 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

I still think Reg, despite the G-shaped abyss, is the least likely. As folk have mentioned, he's got previous for having dates around Glastonbury and it sounds like despite all that he's never really been that close. I'd be absolutely delighted to be proved wrong and a Reg/Macca/Swifty trio would be sensational, but I've got a feeling we're still working on the assumption that all 3 of 2020's proposed headliners will be back, even if they haven't quite signed on the dotted line/confirmed their final plans for next year yet.

He also has previous for scheduling dates around Glastonbury with a Glastonbury shaped hole, and then filling that hole with more dates. So I don't think he'll be in the frame for too long.