Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

Just now, jparx said:

I'll believe it when I see it.

He was doing this farewell tour last time around and didn't headline, on the 50th anniversary of Glasto. Why would he headline now? 

Two years back we did assume that he could potentially swing by Worthy Farm on a later leg of the tour....

Plans have obviously been up in the air ever since.

Bristol on the Wednesday before and Swansea on the Wednesday and a blank weekend really does look suspicious. Though like others, I'll believe it when it's announced.

2 minutes ago, grayfitz said:

Swear he's had Glasto weekend off for the last 3-4 years..

2020 - Would have been in the US.
2019 - Was at Montreux Jazz Festival on the Saturday night, Fri + Sun free
2017 - Shows in Scotland and France over the weekend
2016 - Blenheim Palace on the Friday night, then Norway on the Tuesday after
2015 - Germany on the Sunday night, following Denmark on the Tuesday before.

Of those, this one does look a look more like a gap with only 2016 coming close.

1 minute ago, nikkic said:

We certainly love to see a “Glastonbury shaped hole”.

Still think we’re getting the 2020 lot again, but Reg would be a stellar replacement if one of them bails. 

Had the festival been able to go ahead this year we'd be looking at a trio of Billie Eilish, Reg and a band, maybe Arctic Monkeys, for 22.

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

If Kenny isn't touring or has changed plans then Reg / Macca / Swizzle is still as strong as it gets.

Mibbe not as well balanced as before, but still 3 top tier bookings.

Honestly I reckon they drop Swift if anyone - shes busy doing the rerecordings at the moment. Wouldnt be surprised if she gets them all done this year/next and then drops a greatest hits collection around the time of Glasto 2023 or something similar to that

3 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Honestly I reckon they drop Swift if anyone - shes busy doing the rerecordings at the moment. Wouldnt be surprised if she gets them all done this year/next and then drops a greatest hits collection around the time of Glasto 2023 or something similar to that

From a purely selfish perspective a Kenny/Macca/Reg trio would be an all timer.

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

If Swift wants to play she'll play - I wouldn't see them dropping her for anyone.

Yeah, she's not getting "dropped". None of them are. If Reg is in, then it's because somebody has chosen not to come back.

1 minute ago, Florian Saucer Attack said:

These can't be all of Elton John's dates. No Scotland, no Ireland, no London

He does have extensive dates at the end of this year (November onwards) though, so perhaps that's when he's doing the missing places? https://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/elton-john-tickets/artist/735394 - Unless those have already been rescheduled and just not updated on TM.