Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

You can certainly picture it can’t you?

Sadly I doubt it’ll ever happen.

It's one of the mysteries of the festival. Seems like the perfect fit. I can't imagine the festival never tried to make it happen. Alongside Madonna, he's arguably the most legendary living solo artist never to have headlined. A proper conundrum.

2 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

It's one of the mysteries of the festival. Seems like the perfect fit. I can't imagine the festival never tried to make it happen. Alongside Madonna, he's arguably the most legendary living solo artist never to have headlined. A proper conundrum.

If it doesn't happen within the next 2 festivals, I can only assume its a money thing or he's just not interested. I can't see why they wouldn't want him. 

Wouldn't surprise me if they've had the chat and he's agreed to do it on his last hurrah. Granted that leaves the 2022 or 2023 festivals assuming he's including it in his farewell tour, but he hasn't said he'll stop playing live full stop, just that he won't be touring. 

Glastonbury probably needs to flirt publicly with the likes of Fleetwood Mac as they're much less likely to be together as a band and active, so the window of opportunity there is very slim.

If it was a case of the money isn't right or he won't play a festival etc then I think we'd have seen a public charm offensive from the festival to court him. He did Bestival so why not Glastonbury? The festival managed to get The Rolling Stones on board, eventually - not sure why they wouldn't make a similar sort of effort for Reg.

I do wonder if the festival being delayed by 2 years has scuppered its chances of getting Fleetwood Mac, Elton or other huge acts with only a few years left in them or who were really hard to nail down the once. I know Elton was planning on retiring last(?) year originally so maybe he was always out, but gotta wonder who the festival had pencilled in for 2021 and if they’ll still be up for it in ‘23 or further. Fingers crossed 2021’s original headliners were shite ey.

Ah that’s the most Glastonbury shaped hole that’s ever Glastonburied. 

Still won’t believe it til I see it, but Bristol literally the Wednesday of the festival, with nothing until the Wednesday after, being the longest gap in the UK leg, and the a gap before the last UK gig?

Almost too good to be true. 

Edited by MaxPower

9 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Definitely got a Glasto gap

I know we say this every fucking year but surely he’s playing Glastonbury this time around!? Massive Glastonbury shaped hole, AND he’s staying local with the Bristol and Swansea dates. 

It can’t be a coincidence can it?

I'll believe it when I see it.

He was doing this farewell tour last time around and didn't headline, on the 50th anniversary of Glasto. Why would he headline now? Only option really is if Macca is out, but Macca seems very much in. And I can't really see them booking both Elton AND Macca for next year.