Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

Plenty of big names left to come on that NOS Alive poster. Two headlines (at least?) to come there I reckon. In hoping for Kenny and Taylor to return, that's a good sign i'd say. 

Curious that Billie isn't on these posters. You'd imagine with her tour dates out in the ether, there wouldn't be any embargoes on announcing her, and I was completely assuming she'd be at NOS and Mad given no other tour dates in those countries. Maybe she's getting her own announcement? 

second stage headliners?

Twenty One Pilots, the duo to play four London shows as part of the Takeover Tour in June 2022,

London The Camden Assembly, 21 June
London O2 Shepherds Bush Empire, 22
London O2 Academy Brixton, 23
London The SSE Arena Wembley, 25

2 minutes ago, zahidf said:

second stage headliners?

Twenty One Pilots, the duo to play four London shows as part of the Takeover Tour in June 2022,

London The Camden Assembly, 21 June
London O2 Shepherds Bush Empire, 22
London O2 Academy Brixton, 23
London The SSE Arena Wembley, 25

Too big imo. Seem to be headlining everything they play now.

17 hours ago, jparx said:

Thankfully I think they're in the "too big to play and not headline, but the festival won't book them to headline" bucket.

If there was an act that would have fitted 'Pyramid sized Other headliners' when that idea was mooted about, then it'd be them. 

Regardless of people's opinions on their music, if Glastonbury manage to book them to either sub Pyramid or headline Other, then that's a hell of a coup. 

Where do we reckon Sigrid would place next year then? Announced for Mad Cool, firmly in the frame I'd say.

I could see an afternoon Pyramid slot working. She tore it up on the Other last time and it'd be great to see her on the big one for some sunny afternoon bangers. Otherwise I'd imagine subbing JPT perhaps?

18 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Could still pop up as a surprise. 

I really can't see that, most acts who pop up as a surprise are normally artists with a major connection to the festival. 

That's such a weird tour though, all London dates with venues going up in size, not seen something like that all released on the same time. 

1 minute ago, chazwwe said:

I really can't see that, most acts who pop up as a surprise are normally artists with a major connection to the festival. 

That's such a weird tour though, all London dates with venues going up in size, not seen something like that all released on the same time. 

Could that be a sign of what we could be faced with next year? Venues totally booked up and bands having to mix it up a bit?

8 minutes ago, jparx said:

Where do we reckon Sigrid would place next year then? Announced for Mad Cool, firmly in the frame I'd say.

I could see an afternoon Pyramid slot working. She tore it up on the Other last time and it'd be great to see her on the big one for some sunny afternoon bangers. Otherwise I'd imagine subbing JPT perhaps?

Get her on the pointy one. 

It’d go down a storm.

24 minutes ago, jparx said:

Pyramid before Diana

30 minutes ago, jparx said:

Could that be a sign of what we could be faced with next year? Venues totally booked up and bands having to mix it up a bit?

I've seen US acts do this a few times and it's mostly a hype/publicity thing rather than anything practical (and often they do lots of press that week, so it serves a dual purpose).

1 minute ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

An act playing Wembley "Arena" is not too big to not be a headliner.

They seem to be universally only accepting headline slots though. I think they are more likely for R&L next year than anything else.