Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

17 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

From the top lines I'd say Wolf Alice, St Vincent, Royal Blood, Editors, Sigrid all likely.

Then of course there is the looming spectre of Alt-J taking an inexplicably high position somewhere on the bill.

alt-J are a strange one, I don't see them being booked for Other headliner again given they seemed to pull in a pretty small crowd. They won't move up to Pyramid sub now and they've already done 3rd down Pyramid, where they just seemed a bit out of place. I don't think we need to worry about them being booked anytime soon. 

In terms of Glastonbury 2020 acts who were meant to play Mad Cool in 2020/2021, there's no no London Grammar, Haim, Sam Fender, Waxahatchee, Cage the Elephant, Charli XCX, Anderson Paak or Tones and I from 2020 and no Glass Animals or Angel Olsen from 2021 on that Mad Cool lineup. Most of those have other upcoming dates so will possibly be around anyway but worth keeping an eye on. 

1 minute ago, kingcrawler said:

alt-J are a strange one, I don't see them being booked for Other headliner again given they seemed to pull in a pretty small crowd. They won't move up to Pyramid sub now and they've already done 3rd down Pyramid, where they just seemed a bit out of place. I don't think we need to worry about them being booked anytime soon. 

In terms of Glastonbury 2020 acts who were meant to play Mad Cool in 2020/2021, there's no no London Grammar, Haim, Sam Fender, Waxahatchee, Cage the Elephant, Charli XCX, Anderson Paak or Tones and I from 2020 and no Glass Animals or Angel Olsen from 2021 on that Mad Cool lineup. Most of those have other upcoming dates so will possibly be around anyway but worth keeping an eye on. 

Give it a few years and they will headline JP I think.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

I recall him saying around that time that he was bored of not touring. That he didn't wanna be an old man sat at home with his hobbies.

Nah he definitely hinted about packing it in, eg https://www.spin.com/2016/02/iggy-pop-post-pop-depression-last-album-apple-music-interview-tour/

But glad he changed his mind.

26 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

New acts (to me) this lineup confirms are Europe touring near Glasto dates that were on the Glastonbury 2020 poster are The Editors, Phoebe Bridgers, and Warmduscher. 

Charli XCX is at Primavera which in my mind confirms her for Glasto 22. Sam Fender I'm also assuming is back because he has rescheduled dates opening for The Killers in London and Dublin near enough Glasto for me to assume he's back. 

39 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Nah he definitely hinted about packing it in, eg https://www.spin.com/2016/02/iggy-pop-post-pop-depression-last-album-apple-music-interview-tour/

But glad he changed his mind.

Weird, he's released an album since then and even played supporting QOTSA at Finsbury Park since then. Guess his instincts were off!

8 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

So now what. Imagine Dragons threat as an Other Stage headliner?

Nah I think they’re a headliner or nothing these days (for some reason) so think we’re pretty safe from them ever playing again.

Edited by FloorFiller