Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

16 minutes ago, Pastor.Of.Muppets said:

Mad Cool plays some sort of "Wheel of Fortune" where one letter per day gets unlocked (the one with the most likes on Instagram).

Looks like there's no Taylor on there, they had her booked for 2020...

E3n79qMXoAAEaUi?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Tbh I wasn’t expecting Taylor on this lineup either way. Feels like whatever she does next year will look quite different to 2020. Also, if she is there she might be held off this poster until her own dates are announced.

Anyway, not sure I can work out any of those names?! Love the gimmick though

edit - yeah I reckon three headliners are being held off this for the last three days. Curious if one of the non T names there are Billie.

further edit: Lorde could be the very last name.

Edited by jparx

I think Taylor Swift will announce all her dates at once like she did before, so I didn’t expect her on this lineup yet anyway. I normally don’t use this logic but it looks like they’ve only got three headliners on one day and two on the others. I think this year they said they’d have three each day so very possible that they still have headliners to announce. 

1 minute ago, kingcrawler said:

I think Taylor Swift will announce all her dates at once like she did before, so I didn’t expect her on this lineup yet anyway. I normally don’t use this logic but it looks like they’ve only got three headliners on one day and two on the others. I think this year they said they’d have three each day so very possible that they still have headliners to announce. 

Yeah I think those symbols are meant to be asterisks, so it’ll probably be clear when the letters are revealed that there are three left.

Taylor was on a day with two headliners last time - not sure if that would indicate she won’t be a missing headliner or not? RHCP could be there as well as a missing one 

1 minute ago, kingcrawler said:

Probably more likely for their own dates but get Nine Inch Nails in for one of the replacement Other headliners.

Yeah I’ve completely given up what little hope I had of them being at Glastonbury, but just any U.K. date will do at this point!

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

E3n7DvgWYAUIXRV?format=jpg&name=medium

Leak. Big if true.

Massive set of headliners.

Would GnR do back to back dates? Not too much of a trek from France. Eyeing them up as my personal hope for a Macca replacement if he’s out.

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah I’ve completely given up what little hope I had of them being at Glastonbury, but just any U.K. date will do at this point!

What with us hearing they wanted Nine Inch Nails to headline All Points East in 2020, that seems like a lock. Unless Trent agrees to sub Biffy at Download for old times' sake.

1 minute ago, jparx said:

Massive set of headliners.

Would GnR do back to back dates? Not too much of a trek from France. Eyeing them up as my personal hope for a Macca replacement if he’s out.

It'd have to be a replacement and a shuffle, with them headlning Hellfest on the Samedi.

Seems like they've done b2b dates in the States but not in Europe.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

What with us hearing they wanted Nine Inch Nails to headline All Points East in 2020, that seems like a lock. Unless Trent agrees to sub Biffy at Download for old times' sake.

Yeah that was my first thought. Usually I’d prefer something closer, but APE more often than not do pretty great undercards so I imagine a day of acts suited to NIN would be killer and worth the trip.

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah that was my first thought. Usually I’d prefer something closer, but APE more often than not do pretty great undercards so I imagine a day of acts suited to NIN would be killer and worth the trip.

Smashing Pumpkins would be sweet. My Bloody Valentine too although they'd have been on the Prima bill.

Would Pavement be out of place?

My perpetual hope for Deftones to stop by the farm lives on another year. Just absolutely nowhere I can see them playing, either from their POV or the festivals. Deftones would want Other headline and the festival would offer them Other sub I’d guess

• Like 1

17 hours ago, maelzoid said:

Get Reni and Mani in too. That would be a band I'd see.

I think what disappoints me most about this is Noel resorting to tired alt.right cliches. At the very least you could count on him to be a bit original with his insults.

Noel is just trying to stay relevant. He's got a greatest hits coming out for some unknown reason.

Just got this email through and it puts HAIM at Nos Alive next year just after Glastonbury.  (Not sure if an announcement has been made but haven’t seen it here).

Also a date with The Music, The Cribs, The…. Coral, now The Snuts!! Oh The Skinner Brothers

20EDEC7C-E794-48E6-9E11-7AADCEC9D6C0.png

10 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

If they can’t tempt Aerosmith back then he’s not a bad call to replace him. Maybe even stick him on before…

I think all evidence at the moment points towards it being Aerosmith despite that band member getting cold feet

Either way - this coming week we should get a good top up of acts touring around Glasto. Rock Werchter and Mad Cool hopefully dropping some names.

RW may just be Metallica though as this week it looks like Tallica are being announced for RW, HellFest, and Mad Cool. So RW may not tell us anything new just yet!