Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

9 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Can someone remind me when the next festival lineup announcement is expected? Is it RW....?

Ken reckoned something was coming a week or so back for RW and it never did, but seems like something could come at any point now. Mad Cool are announcing something "by" the 7th July, so that's one to keep an eye on for sure!

Edited by jparx
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sasperella said:

Can someone remind me when the next festival lineup announcement is expected? Is it RW....?

Well Ken thought they were announcing Nick Cave for RW a few weeks ago and he was announced for Werchter classic. He also had information last summer that Kendrick was not coming to Europe, and Kendrick rescheduled Nos Alive…

Ken gets the best info for mainland europe festivals but he does have the occasional clunker.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Have a feeling Noel is going to be around with a new single dropping 

Kinda hope so. I think he’ll do great on the Pyramid in the sunset slot. There’s a fair few other names, newer names too, at that level that I’d like to see, but a big sing along before Macca/whoever would be pretty special. 

2 minutes ago, zahidf said:

After all his bullshit in the Sun yesterday, i suspect he wont be welcome

He’s said a handful of pure boomer shite before and still invited back. I don’t think the Eavi pay much attention to what the Gallagher brothers say. They know they talk.

He is starting to sound like a right painful boomer at the moment though.  What’s with all these manc heritage bands and being anti-vax, anti-mask, anti-BLM

Edited by Matt42

56 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

He’s said a handful of pure boomer shite before and still invited back. I don’t think the Eavi pay much attention to what the Gallagher brothers say. They know they talk.

He is starting to sound like a right painful boomer at the moment though.  What’s with all these manc heritage bands and being anti-vax, anti-mask, anti-BLM

He's got an album out today. A few rants in the press, few controversial comments, get his name out in the headlines, job done.

He's been doing this since Morning Glory.

45 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

DBCCD1D5-22B3-4DA1-AF4E-71CD2315D69C.jpeg

Kinell. Fast becoming the morrissey of Oasis.

Why is it that manchester bands torn asunder by a close creative rivalry must also have one of the fellas go fash.

Liam and Marr should bin off any efforts to reform ever again and just get an anti-gammon supergroup together. They can call it Wokeasis or Them/They Smiths.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

He's got an album out today. A few rants in the press, few controversial comments, get his name out in the headlines, job done.

He's been doing this since Morning Glory.

Exactly it hasn’t stopped him being booked before and I think the eavi just brush past it because they would rather be on the good side of Liam and Noel if an Oasis reunion does happen.

I do find it interesting that the festival has been so generous to both of them when they have slagged the festival off before. It has to be something to do with an oasis reunion surely. 

I know water is wet but allow it, they know that an Oasis booking would go down incredibly well with their attendees so it sounds like to me they want to always keep that door open.

Edited by Matt42

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I do find it interesting that the festival has been so generous to both of them when they have slagged the festival off before. It has to be something to do with an oasis reunion surely. 

It's because they're both massive names, hugely popular and draw massive crowds.

I was at their last headline set in 2004 where Liam stomped around slagging the place off and said on stage he was only there for the money. Liam's stance has definitely softened since, he's played a few times in the last few year (2 solo, one Beady Eye and a Pilton Party) and seems on very good terms with the festival these days.

Apparently Noel is there every year lording it up as the "elder statesman" of rock.

They're both (Noel especially) blowhards these days, and I think most people take their rants with a lorryful of salt.

Edited by Hugh Jass

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

It's because they're both massive names, hugely popular and draw massive crowds.

I was at their last headline set in 2004 where Liam stomped around slagging the place off and said on stage he was only there for the money. Liam's stance has definitely softened since, he's played a few times in the last few year (2 solo, one Beady Eye and a Pilton Party) and seems on very good terms with the festival these days.

Apparently Noel is there every year lording it up as the "elder statesman" of rock.

They're both (Noel especially) blowhards these days, and I think most people take their rants with a lorryful of salt.

Well yes but I do think there is an element of relationship building too as they want to be on the list when Oasis do shows again. Heritage acts are dwindling and I don’t think the festival is in the right place to get selective on whether they can play due to some questionable opinions and statements.

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Well yes but I do think there is an element of relationship building too as they want to be on the list when Oasis do shows again. Heritage acts are dwindling and I don’t think the festival is in the right place to get selective on whether they can play due to some questionable opinions and statements.

It works both ways. Noel and Liam are savvy enough to know that when it does happen (and it will) a Glastonbury headline set will be massive in terms of story. It will be part of their comeback I’m certain, probably not in the first year - I’d imagine them doing something not dissimilar to when the Roses first came back. A small number of massively lucrative outdoor gigs, probably Heaton Park to whet appetites before hitting a few stadia and festivals the following year.

There does seem a huge difference between Morrissey and Noel. Noel is a total gimmick and he's always looking for a reaction. Doesn't excuse what he's saying, but yeah a huge pinch of salt is required. He's still an asshole, but I don't think he's a danger to anyone or anything, and he'll continue to pump out records and be booked for big shows.

2 hours ago, mattiloy said:

Kinell. Fast becoming the morrissey of Oasis.

Why is it that manchester bands torn asunder by a close creative rivalry must also have one of the fellas go fash.

Liam and Marr should bin off any efforts to reform ever again and just get an anti-gammon supergroup together. They can call it Wokeasis or Them/They Smiths.

Get Reni and Mani in too. That would be a band I'd see.

I think what disappoints me most about this is Noel resorting to tired alt.right cliches. At the very least you could count on him to be a bit original with his insults.

• Upvote 1

Tucked away in that interview underneath all his gammony nonsense Noel mentions wanting to do an Oasis-song heavy solo to tour with an orchestra. That's probably Macca sub material. 

NME link to the story:

https://www.nme.com/news/music/noel-gallagher-reveals-plans-for-solo-tour-of-oasis-tracks-2966987?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=noel-gallagher-reveals-plans-for-solo-tour-of-oasis-tracks&amp&__twitter_impression=true