Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

1 hour ago, jparx said:

Coachella seem to be teasing their return. Hopefully some good names that could be in the frame for Glastonbury. Taylor and Kendrick especially could easily be on that lineup

Scoured the boards and they think they’ve managed to bag the three headliners they had for 2020 - Rage Against the Machine, Travis Scott, Frank Ocean.

16 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Scoured the boards and they think they’ve managed to bag the three headliners they had for 2020 - Rage Against the Machine, Travis Scott, Frank Ocean.

Hmm seems a bit dull, wasn’t my favourite set of Coachella headliners by a stretch.

Although if they have indeed managed to copy over their headliners, might bode well for Glastonbury doing likewise. Not that there’s any relation necessarily, just a nice omen.

13 minutes ago, jparx said:

Hmm seems a bit dull, wasn’t my favourite set of Coachella headliners by a stretch.

Although if they have indeed managed to copy over their headliners, might bode well for Glastonbury doing likewise. Not that there’s any relation necessarily, just a nice omen.

It’s not really a Glastonbury style trio but I think that Coach trio is bonkers. Three artists that are incredibly hard to get all in one year. Frank Ocean as well is like gold dust.

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

No, people just think its assumed all 3 come back just cause. I think otherwise and say Frank Ocean at least wont be there. There is no way in hell he was going to be on there anyway last year. I expected him to cancel sometime in late March. This is a go big or go home line up. Considering theyre likely sitting out the fall and will be first like they normally are, they have to take it to the level of Primavera Sound or you have a lot of upset ticket holders. Im going to be pissed if its still all 2020 acts. ( there is def going to be variance since some acts have tour gaps for next april already ) After attending for almost 20 years, this might be the one time I have demands to have my mind blown.

4 hours ago, jparx said:

Coachella seem to be teasing their return. Hopefully some good names that could be in the frame for Glastonbury. Taylor and Kendrick especially could easily be on that lineup

No line up til January unless they break protocol like they did in 2017 with Beyonce and maybe give out the headliners as a gesture of goodwill. Tomorrow morning we’ll see what their plans are. They have a long list of potential headliners ready to go and now that got all thrown for a loop yet again. We’ll see how many of them have the same fate as Justin Timberlake did in 2018 and 2019.

Yeah I don’t see Frank returning to the Coachella lineup. He always seemed like a wild card booking to begin with but what with the death of his brother and now seemingly his album being delayed he seems less likely than ever.

That said, I suppose he was booked for Coachella for a reason and maybe he’s put his touring habits of old behind him, so who knows? I’d love to see him announced again if only to indicate that something is on the horizon. 

edit: reckon Rage and Travis will be back though

Edited by FloorFiller

On 5/27/2021 at 2:36 PM, Hugh Jass said:

I don't mind the O2, mainly because I live near it.

I like it because the only act I’ve seen there was Prince. If I never see anyone else there it could end up my favourite venue just because of that 😉

26 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Return indeed

Missus and I are planning a big trip to California next year. Wondered about coordinating it for this and trying for tickets, although not sure we want to use up three days for a festival, no matter how good it may be!

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Probably too early for a lineup but man I really wanna know who is playing coach

Based on tour dates and a couple of early confirms, these are likely:

Rage Against The Machine
L'imperatrice
The Murder Capital
Rina Sawayama
Black midi

Run The Jewels
Sons of Kemet
Girl In Red

Mannequin Pussy

1 hour ago, jparx said:

Missus and I are planning a big trip to California next year. Wondered about coordinating it for this and trying for tickets, although not sure we want to use up three days for a festival, no matter how good it may be!

My suggestion if you lived domestically would be to get them and know you can easily sell them on the secondary market especially if you got camping with it. Being in the uk the shipping will be an issue even though they send them out very early now. Becuase then its will call and they wont really allow name changes. Also, if you waited for the line up and then decided to go, finding a place to stay thats not camping would be difficult and overpriced. Or you can splurge and get their travel packages to ensure everything is taken care of. If you had money to truly burn you could even look into a platinum estate, lake el dorado  or safari camping  which includes the best type of ticket, the guest pass. ( has the separate up front stage viewing area as a perk ) 

https://www.valleymusictravel.com/events/coachella/ 

https://www.valleymusictravel.com/events/coachella/platinum-estates/

https://www.valleymusictravel.com/events/coachella/safari-campgrounds/

Edited by Suprefan
  • Like 1

On 6/1/2021 at 8:52 AM, FloorFiller said:

Yeah I don’t see Frank returning to the Coachella lineup. He always seemed like a wild card booking to begin with but what with the death of his brother and now seemingly his album being delayed he seems less likely than ever.

That said, I suppose he was booked for Coachella for a reason and maybe he’s put his touring habits of old behind him, so who knows? I’d love to see him announced again if only to indicate that something is on the horizon. 

edit: reckon Rage and Travis will be back though

This is all speculation ofc, but it did seem as though Frank was heading in a more club/electronic direction with his new album before the passing of his brother. Collabs/remixes with Justice, Sango and Arca were about to drop (I think they got released on vinyl) and he was doing those club nights in NYC. Could've been so good to see live