Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

11 minutes ago, jparx said:

Just had a thought - have HAIM been announced for any of these 2022 shows yet? I feel like they're nailed on, but I haven't yet seen their name on anything for next year.

No dates for 2022 yet. I’ve not included them in my little list until they have dates announced.

Mad Cool and Rock Werchter are announcing later this week. We will see if they are still around.

Edited by Matt42

21 minutes ago, jparx said:

Just had a thought - have HAIM been announced for any of these 2022 shows yet? I feel like they're nailed on, but I haven't yet seen their name on anything for next year.

Have they cancelled their June 02 gigs? i assume theyll reschedule those

1 minute ago, sisco said:

HAIM moved their gigs to September, wouldn’t surprise me if they did the September Glastonbury event instead 

Interesting. Them off the 2022 would definitely shake the table a bit.

Maybe they want them as a sub and can’t work it out logistically? Instead headline the September event?

Edited by Matt42

7 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Interesting. Them off the 2022 would definitely shake the table a bit.

Maybe they want them as a sub and can’t work it out logistically? Instead headline the September event?

Is there not a decent chance that HAIM are held back from festival lineups until after those September shows to not hurt ticket sales?

3 minutes ago, jparx said:

Is there not a decent chance that HAIM are held back from festival lineups until after those September shows to not hurt ticket sales?

For UK festivals, yes definitely that could be a factor, though I'm not sure whether any of the festivals that they'd be likely to play has made any announcements of substance for 2022 yet.

Don't think it'd stop them being announced for Primavera and other mainland europe festivals, as the September tour is UK-only.

2 hours ago, Hutchmaster said:

Anyone know how much of a dogfight it is to get Prima tickets? Do I need a Glastonbury-esque set up?

Nothing like Glasto. It's only sold out a few years and always thousands of resale tickets even up to the weekend if you want to decide further down the line. This will be different as there's a lot of rolled over tickets but still wouldn't panic about it.

Edited by jannybruck

11 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Haim are in America on the weekend of the September event so they won't be playing there. I think Primavera's the first big European festival to announce their 2022 lineup, I'm sure we'll see Haim start to pop up on others over the next few months. 

Oooo this

EA7633C0-C5DF-4E75-BD71-E23E14097E5F.jpeg

Edited by Matt42

4 hours ago, jparx said:

I obviously want both, but all things considered I’d probably consider Lorde a slight win over Lana if that does end up being a sub. Lana has been killing it lately but Lorde is the far better live proposition.

Hopefully it’s Lana, Lorde and Cave though!

I'd rather not have that but it's probably the best I've seen Primavera look for me.

YYYs please.

4 hours ago, sisco said:

Lorde, IDLES, Fontaines DC, Jamie XX, Jorja Smith and many many more!!

I'd take Lorde but that's it.

4 hours ago, the wonderwhy said:

Lets have Slowdive headlining the Park 

Would love to see Slowdive and Beach House anywhere on the lineup. Been waiting years for them to show up.

That Primavera lineup is very good across the whole week. Definitely tempted. Bodes well for festivals next year.

3 hours ago, Hutchmaster said:

Also a bit of a nice bonus; June 2nd & 3rd are supposedly bank holidays next year; less annual leave to book!

Wait? Really? Is the queen doing something important....?

One weekend might be affordable. Hmmmm. I'd love to see what Primavera is like!

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Mad Cool and Rock Werchter are announcing later this week. We will see if they are still around.

Presumably normally the would announce much later, after the festival season was over? I've completely forgotten what life was like in the before-times it seems, as have almost no grasp of when all this madness used to start.

Does this mean we might get an announcement earlier...?

(Sorry, I should probably take myself off to the Lawks! thread)

So as far as i can see...

Acts on that Primavera poster that were on the Glastonbury 2020 poster:

Kacey Musgraves, Charli XCX, Caribou, Fontaines DC, Kano, Big Thief, Khruangbin, Metronomy, Squid, Brittany Howard, Burna Boy, Clairo, Jesus and Mary Chain, Sampa the Great, beabodoobee, Jehnny Beth, Dua Lipa

Acts on that Primavera poster that seemed very likely (either self-confirm or other reasons) for Glastonbury 2020/2021:

Black Country New Road, Idles, Dry Cleaning, The Murder Capital, Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever 

Edited by assorted
Forgot Dua Lipa

7 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I can't currently see past Dua Lipa, Noel and Nick Cave as subs now.

I'm going for Fatboy Slim, PSB and Royal Blood as Other headliners now I think. Although I think Fatboy Slim could well fit in as a closing stage dance act after a headliner.

When have the festival ever done that though? The last act is always the headliner.

43 minutes ago, assorted said:

So as far as i can see...

Acts on that Primavera poster that were on the Glastonbury 2020 poster:

Kacey Musgraves, Charli XCX, Caribou, Fontaines DC, Kano, Big Thief, Khruangbin, Metronomy, Squid, Brittany Howard, Burna Boy, Clairo, Jesus and Mary Chain, Sampa the Great, beabodoobee, Jehnny Beth

Acts on that Primavera poster that seemed very likely (either self-confirm or other reasons) for Glastonbury 2020/2021:

Black Country New Road, Idles, Dry Cleaning, The Murder Capital, Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever 

Keeping a list on my phone saved in notes

bolded are acts not on the 2020 poster that I think could be playing.

- - - 

100 Gecs*

AJ Tracey

Aerosmith

Angel Olson

Arlo Parks*

Ashinikko*

Beck*

Beeabadoobe

Bicep*

Big Thief

Billie Eilish*