Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

Just now, FloorFiller said:

Tbf that was largely due to Prodigy not playing and causing a shakeup with the Other lineup rather than the initial plan.

I do wonder what they would’ve done with Billie if that situation hadn’t arose as she was gonna need to be moved from the JP regardless due to how big she’d gotten.

Emily said in an interview they were worried she was going to pull out if they didn’t move her to a better stage.

I reckon they would have swapped her with one of the low artists on the other stage and they would have moved to JP. I doubt they would let her walk away.

Edited by Matt42

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Tbf that was largely due to Prodigy not playing and causing a shakeup with the Other lineup rather than the initial plan.

I do wonder what they would’ve done with Billie if that situation hadn’t arose as she was gonna need to be moved from the JP regardless due to how big she’d gotten.

Problem there is that the other act have to agree to it, especially if contracts have been signed.

”Mind if we shunt you off to another stage because we’ve got someone bigger lined up” rarely goes down well.

15 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Problem there is that the other act have to agree to it, especially if contracts have been signed.

”Mind if we shunt you off to another stage because we’ve got someone bigger lined up” rarely goes down well.

Or removed as a headliner. ( Portishead had it done to them in 2008 for Prince at Coachella just 3 weeks before the festival )

1 minute ago, Pastor.Of.Muppets said:

Nick Cave added a show in Cologne on Monday after Glasto. So, currently scheduled to play on Glasto-Thursday in Prague and free on the three main nights.

Maybe the replacement on Saturday for Noel as Pyramid Sub?

Czech Republic Thursday then Glastonbury then back to Germany for Monday?

Makes him less likely IMO.

1 minute ago, Pastor.Of.Muppets said:

Nick Cave added a show in Cologne on Monday after Glasto. So, currently scheduled to play on Glasto-Thursday in Prague and free on the three main nights.

Maybe the replacement on Saturday for Noel as Pyramid Sub?

Although him playing to a bunch of people waiting for Taylor is the hilarious dream, this is probably the most likely outcome if he were to play imo, although tbf not sure he'd fair much better at winning over a crowd of people waiting for Macca either.

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Note: a lot of the bigger acts/headliners aren't on that poster because of the pain in the arse way Primavera have decided to announce, so add Tame Impala, The Strokes, Massive Attack, Lorde, Pavement, Tyler, the Creator, and more i can't remember. 

The National, Megan Thee Stallion were two others I noticed