Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

39 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Coachella makes a lot of money from sponsorship. Would like to appeal to more people globally than those actually in attendance, including people who would never go to a music festival.

Glastonbury doesn't need to appeal to hypebeasts going insane over TikTok stars. It keeps up with the zeitgiest - and maybe one day it will welcome K-Pop boybands and reggaeton units as those become more commonplace - but it's mostly middle class people in their 30's and 40's.

I guess if someone spends all day in a bubble of scrolling Twitter trends and reading music publications that pander to the masses then it might seem like bands like James and Madness don't exist but they get big crowds at the festival, whereas no fucker know a BTS song despite them being stadium-sized over here - they're simply not the Glasto audience.

Spot on - thank you. 

19 hours ago, henry bear said:

Admittedly there is a G shaped hole in her schedule, but perhaps she’s committed elsewhere that weekend, or is playing the farm but not headlining - the LDR slot perhaps 

Now this definitely isn't happening - she's headline or nothing.

Ordinarily yes, but the next Glastonbury may have too many acts of the size that headline other festivals. For one thing they’ve got the biggest selling American rock act, one that headlines wherever they go, playing second-fiddle. And it won’t be to Billie Eilish

48 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Ordinarily yes, but the next Glastonbury may have too many acts of the size that headline other festivals. For one thing they’ve got the biggest selling American rock act, one that headlines wherever they go, playing second-fiddle. And it won’t be to Billie Eilish

Aerosmith aren't doing it at the height of their fame though. They don't have a Glastonbury headline slot in their future, realistically, so they're throwing in a guest slot.

Billie Eilish will probably headline at some point very soon, so subbing or also doing a special guest slot right now can only harm her prospects.

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Aerosmith aren't doing it at the height of their fame though. They don't have a Glastonbury headline slot in their future, realistically, so they're throwing in a guest slot.

Billie Eilish will probably headline at some point very soon, so subbing or also doing a special guest slot right now can only harm her prospects.

Yeah - Glastonbury are lucky that Aerosmith really want to play and don’t care about being below headline.

Billie Eilish at the moment is a new headliner getting headline bookings across the globe. It would look very out of place for her not to headline now.

Since using this site it’s so easy - https://festivalpostergenerator.com

Ive pulled together an A-Z of who so far has 2022 dates and either:

- Was booked for 2020

- Proximate relationship to the festival

I haven’t included acts who are likely to play but don’t have 2022 dates yet.

Am I missing anyone? Interesting how much of a potential lineup we’ve got already.

10075C9F-3033-4604-B96A-C36FD2648CE2.png

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Since using this site it’s so easy - https://festivalpostergenerator.com

Ive pulled together an A-Z of who so far has 2022 dates and either:

- Was booked for 2020

- Proximate relationship to the festival

I haven’t included acts who are likely to play but don’t have 2022 dates yet.

Am I missing anyone? Interesting how much of a potential lineup we’ve got already.

10075C9F-3033-4604-B96A-C36FD2648CE2.png

Bikini Kill have a "proximate relationship" to the festival?

5 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Bikini Kill have a "proximate relationship" to the festival?

Maybe they can be scratched. I just saw that they had this date rescheduled again.

https://www.roundhouse.org.uk/whats-on/2021/bikini-kill/

Could easily not play, not saying they are likely. I’ve just noticed who has rescheduled their dates which are very close to the festival for both 2021 and 2022.

8 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Yeah kind of figured he’s probably end up stinking up the mid-Pyramid one day. 

Just now, FloorFiller said:

Yeah kind of figured he’s probably end up stinking up the mid-Pyramid one day. 

His gigs don’t seem to be that large and he could just be at IOW. Even if he does play I don’t think he’s going to be very high up the lineup at all.

19 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

His gigs don’t seem to be that large and he could just be at IOW. Even if he does play I don’t think he’s going to be very high up the lineup at all.

As I said before, just block out an hour on the Pyramid late afternoon. Get a houseband and let RagnBoney, Hozier, Tom Walker, James Bay and all other earnest young lads with one song shuffle on, do their song then fuck off again.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

As I said before, just block out an hour on the Pyramid late afternoon. Get a houseband and let RagnBoney, Hozier, Tom Walker, James Bay and all other earnest young lads with one song shuffle on, do their song then fuck off again.

And fill the lineup with stuff that you want to see, all clashing with one another?

These acts play an important role in the balance of a Glastonbury lineup and we should be happy to have them.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

And fill the lineup with stuff that you want to see, all clashing with one another?

These acts play an important role in the balance of a Glastonbury lineup and we should be happy to have them.

Very true!

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

And yet they can still manage to clash Miley Cyrus and Billie Eilish.

Tbf that was largely due to Prodigy not playing and causing a shakeup with the Other lineup rather than the initial plan.

I do wonder what they would’ve done with Billie if that situation hadn’t arose as she was gonna need to be moved from the JP regardless due to how big she’d gotten.