Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Most stage headliners pull big crowds and I’m not doubting Fatboy slim would get a big crowd.

My point is that FBS is not a stage headliner or nothing artist. As evidenced by the fact he’s played tiny stages in the past few years. He could have subbed, or played third down, or even fourth down and I don’t think people would have raised any eyebrows. You can slot him wherever and it works.

The reason I think he was a second choice is because there are plenty of options they could have chose from which are bona fide other stage headliners. I can’t see them going for someone first that they don’t *have* to book as a stage headliner. Especially since plenty of acts touring would suit the slot.

Problem is though the only way I see him dropping down is him doing it himself without being asked ... and that is some opportunity to turn down ... as stated earlier can u see Emily or Nick giving him that call ? 

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Most stage headliners pull big crowds and I’m not doubting Fatboy slim would get a big crowd.

My point is that FBS is not a stage headliner or nothing artist. As evidenced by the fact he’s played tiny stages in the past few years. He could have subbed, or played third down, or even fourth down and I don’t think people would have raised any eyebrows. You can slot him wherever and it works.

The reason I think he was a second choice is because there are plenty of options they could have chose from which are bona fide other stage headliners. I can’t see them going for someone first that they don’t *have* to book as a stage headliner. Especially since plenty of acts touring would suit the slot.

Actually Matt, your argument works against you. FBS wouldn’t be second, third, fourth, fifth choice... I could easily name at least a dozen acts the festival could have turned to before Fatboy would even have been considered.

For this reason I can only conclude he was first choice and it was special “friend of the festival” booking.

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

Problem is though the only way I see him dropping down is him doing it himself without being asked ... and that is some opportunity to turn down ... as stated earlier can u see Emily or Nick giving him that call ? 

Yeah it is a good point. I’m not saying he won’t get rebooked in that slot again - I just think it was an act of good service in response to a change of plans, rather than a plan all along. But that’s just my view.

I’ve just seen the Chems are dropping a new single. Is it time for them to come back?

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

Actually Matt, your argument works against you. FBS wouldn’t be second, third, fourth, fifth choice... I could easily name at least a dozen acts the festival could have turned to before Fatboy would even have been considered.

For this reason I can only conclude he was first choice and it was special “friend of the festival” booking.

It is a good point and I’m not saying it with outright confidence. I just think it’s pretty brave to rule out a massive slot early to someone who doesn’t NEED to play there that *could* go to someone much bigger.

17 hours ago, Matt42 said:

It is a good point and I’m not saying it with outright confidence. I just think it’s pretty brave to rule out a massive slot early to someone who doesn’t NEED to play there that *could* go to someone much bigger.

I guess it's not that brave then the thing is already sold out, and whoever plays that slot is up against a Beatle. Maybe they anticipated that Macca would draw a monster crowd, and putting someone like FBS against him would be a good shout since it's a definitive alternative and they don't have to blow the budget on a OS headline that possibly wouldn't have the biggest crowd anyway?

1 hour ago, jparx said:

I guess it's not that brave then the thing is already sold out, and whoever plays that slot is up against a Beatle. Maybe they anticipated that Macca would draw a monster crowd, and putting someone like FBS against him would be a good shout since it's a definitive alternative and they don't have to blow the budget on a OS headline that possibly wouldn't have the biggest crowd anyway?

FBS was against Kendrick though?

On 4/24/2021 at 6:28 PM, Matt42 said:

Yeah it is a good point. I’m not saying he won’t get rebooked in that slot again - I just think it was an act of good service in response to a change of plans, rather than a plan all along. But that’s just my view.

I’ve just seen the Chems are dropping a new single. Is it time for them to come back?

07/11/15/19/??

2023 you'd expect 

#thereisnopattern 

1 minute ago, Suprefan said:

They wouldve broken the pattern if The Prodigy did perform in 19. 

Pretty sure Chems were still supposed to play that year, with Christine & the Queens subbing instead and only getting the bump up due to The Prodigy no longer appearing.

Or at least that’s the conclusion I remember us coming to?

20 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Pretty sure Chems were still supposed to play that year, with Christine & the Queens subbing instead and only getting the bump up due to The Prodigy no longer appearing.

Or at least that’s the conclusion I remember us coming to?

Yes The Prodigy were due to return to Other stage but Christine etc were bumped up.