Glastonbury Festival People's History Project

missestoner

Hello 🙂 I started a project last year gathering Glastonbury Festival stories and pictures. We were featured in the press last summer (BBC & Independent) and the project is now becoming a book! I am still gathering stories for the next few months and would love to hear from you! You can check out our website for more details www.myglastonburystory.com. Thankyou x

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Not sure if you looked but he is on there already 🙂

I just can't really remember enough I don't think to be able to add. to much all rolling into one. 82 to about 89 could all be one festival, same as 90 to 95. certainly memories of bands as I can see the years, but the random stuff (Which makes the festival) I can not pinpoint

On 2/4/2021 at 2:45 PM, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

On 2/4/2021 at 4:08 PM, fred quimby said:

Not sure if you looked but he is on there already 🙂

I just can't really remember enough I don't think to be able to add. to much all rolling into one. 82 to about 89 could all be one festival, same as 90 to 95. certainly memories of bands as I can see the years, but the random stuff (Which makes the festival) I can not pinpoint

yes I am on that site with various years covered - problem is I have thousands of photos stored on 35mm negatives and some time in the future I will scan them 

but the big problem is dates as a time and date was not a option with older SLR's so its a major project to get them into a good order

I can work out who was with me but there was a clear split 

some was with me 1979/1981/1982/1983/1984/1985 but the bad weather that year just made many of my friends decide they did not want to attend 1986 etc etc.

so I can divide them into 1985 or before and 1986 onwards.

but to say 100% this photo is from 1983 for example is near impossible 

I know it was in the 80's that a toilet block Sunk { one side went down by various feet } trapping various people - I helped pull some of them out but as to the actual year I don't have a clue but I do know it was not 1989 { as by then I had access to a crew site so no way was it that year }

I am like you as they all merge into one.