LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

6 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Surely Billie Eilish confirmed and Harry Styles rumoured does you fewer favours in the resale than Macca and Kendrick?

Different demographics so it would still mean more tickets back in the pot. The more back in the pot means I have a better chance of getting them no matter how many people I am up against to get them. I can see a lot of older bucket listers who would have been happy with Macca and who probably would have known Taylor Swift not seeing Billie and Harry Styles as attractive a proposition. 

2 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Different demographics so it would still mean more tickets back in the pot. The more back in the pot means I have a better chance of getting them no matter how many people I am up against to get them. I can see a lot of older bucket listers who would have been happy with Macca and who probably would have known Taylor Swift not seeing Billie and Harry Styles as attractive a proposition. 

Without generalising you have to hope that the sort of people who would be up for Harry/Billie don't actually realise that you need to register in advance...

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Without generalising you have to hope that the sort of people who would be up for Harry/Billie don't actually realise that you need to register in advance...

😄 To be fair I think a lot of people don't realise the effort required and this year I won't be enlightening them 😄 

6 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

I reckon the three headliners, whoever they turn out to be, will ultimately have very little impact on how many tickets go back in the pot 

For anyone who has been before of course they won't but for first timers it can be a factor especially in a tough year financially for a lot of people. 

6 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

At the same time you don't want booking pages clogged up with people getting through then staring blankly at the "enter registration" screen...

To be honest if they only let one person on the website at a time I'd prefer that. I have faith that I could keep waiting longer than most and that would increase chances. I hate that it all sells out so quickly. The days when it took several hours you know your casually interested would be gone by 09:30 having declared it too hard. 

17 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

To be honest if they only let one person on the website at a time I'd prefer that. I have faith that I could keep waiting longer than most and that would increase chances. I hate that it all sells out so quickly. The days when it took several hours you know your casually interested would be gone by 09:30 having declared it too hard. 

That gets me all nostalgic. If I recall, my first or second ticket experience in 2003/4, sale commenced early Friday evening, after multiple PC crashes I persevered and got our tickets around 2:30 in the morning. Those were the days!

1 minute ago, Avalon_Fields said:

That gets me all nostalgic. If I recall, my first or second ticket experience in 2003/4, sale commenced early Friday evening, after multiple PC crashes I persevered and got our tickets around 2:30 in the morning. Those were the days!

I first went in 2004, tickets went on sale at 8pm on a Thursday, I eventually got through online at about 7am Friday after someone posted a link on here (wayahead hosts thing I think?)

had to sack the Friday off work to sleep (called in sick) can recall just collapsing in bed two mins after I had got the tickets!

2 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Remember buying tickets in 2004 really quickly. Mate's girlfriend's sister worked at See and got hold of a backdoor link (back when this sort of thing was possible) into the booking screen.