Jump to content

LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!


jparx

Recommended Posts

46 minutes ago, Quark said:

Have they already said that any available tickets will end up being in the traditional resale slot?

 

41 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Yeah they said when they pulled the 2021 festival.

They said this time last year that they hadn't had enough returns to make a sale actually viable, doubt there have been many, if any at all, put back in the pot in the meantime.

Yep, this is in the FAQ.

Screenshot_20210902-111111_Twitter.thumb.jpg.cebbb1b14966587e9a108f422ffcd2cf.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Yeah they said when they pulled the 2021 festival.

They said this time last year that they hadn't had enough returns to make a sale actually viable, doubt there have been many, if any at all, put back in the pot in the meantime.

Eeesh. I won't tell that to the 4 who missed out from our group.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

You'd imagine there will be a few in the pot after balance deadline day, but can't imagine anyone has returned in the last 12 months.

Unless they have life events that they’ve got going on planned ahead …. Foreign holidays , new kids , weddings … a few things …. But most will give up at balance deadline by not paying I’d agree 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Unless they have life events that they’ve got going on planned ahead …. Foreign holidays , new kids , weddings … a few things …. But most will give up at balance deadline by not paying I’d agree 

I suppose there is very little to be gained by giving up your ticket right now, even if you're certain you won't be going. Who knows what might happen between now and April?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

I suppose there is very little to be gained by giving up your ticket right now, even if you're certain you won't be going. Who knows what might happen between now and April?

Very true … I’m probably talking from an optomistic I haven’t got tickets viewpoint 🙂 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Come April I expect there will be similar numbers back in the pot for the resale, it won't be loads more than usual.

I dunno I think more people's plans change from October 2019 until April 2022 than they do it in usual 6 months between sale and resale. It might not make life any easier for those wanting tickets as I reckon demand will have increased by a larger margin than those extra returned tickets.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, two and a half years is a long time. There'll be relationships broken down, new jobs, losing jobs, deaths even. I think it will be a bigger than usual resale.

But like @mcshed says, demand will be up. I'll be after a ticket for my son who was 15 when we got tickets in 2019 and would have exams around the time of the festival, he'll be 18 by the next festival and in the break before starting Uni.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Yeah, two and a half years is a long time. There'll be relationships broken down, new jobs, losing jobs, deaths even. I think it will be a bigger than usual resale.

But like @mcshed says, demand will be up. I'll be after a ticket for my son who was 15 when we got tickets in 2019 and would have exams around the time of the festival, he'll be 18 by the next festival and in the break before starting Uni.

Someone else to do bar runs!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, The Clearest Blue said:

If it helps give some hope to the ticketless, we were a group of 16 going to Glastonbury 2020, we are now down to 10.

It does … what’s the reasons for the drop outs ? And out of interest have any pulled out yet ? Or are they waiting for balance payments ? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

It does … what’s the reasons for the drop outs ? And out of interest have any pulled out yet ? Or are they waiting for balance payments ? 

2 couples now have lockdown babies so dropped out and requested balance monies returned. The final couple have been invited to a wedding aboard the same weekend, they have yet to request the balance money back.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, nikkic said:

Very few people will have requested to get their £50 back. 

Come April I expect there will be similar numbers back in the pot for the resale, it won't be loads more than usual.

I have already written off any chance of getting tickets for 22. I also think that 23 is going to be absolute carnage with all of the pent up demand.
 

We will probably try but I think that I will have back-up plans ready. Either way it will be different for us (knowing that it will be ages before we have a chance to get tickets has caused big chunks of our group to loose interest).

Anyway getting back on topic. I think good rumours and self-confirmations will start in Nov ahead of Elton being confirmed in Dec and Billie in Feb. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, sadimmock said:

I have already written off any chance of getting tickets for 22. I also think that 23 is going to be absolute carnage with all of the pent up demand.
 

We will probably try but I think that I will have back-up plans ready. Either way it will be different for us (knowing that it will be ages before we have a chance to get tickets has caused big chunks of our group to loose interest).

Anyway getting back on topic. I think good rumours and self-confirmations will start in Nov ahead of Elton being confirmed in Dec and Billie in Feb. 

I’m not trying for Glastonbury tickets anymore!! I’m freeing myself from the addiction!!

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/3/2021 at 11:39 AM, stt11 said:

I’m not trying for Glastonbury tickets anymore!! I’m freeing myself from the addiction!!

I have publicly said the same..

whilst 2019 was probably one of my favourites, i was absolutely broken... Arthritic knees (left one in particular) have never really recovered. My wife has already said 2019 was her last. We have Bearded Theory for 2022 and that is a gentle stroll in comparison.

However, last week NHS confirmed i am on the waiting list for knee replacement and when April comes around (if i am successfully bionic) i just know the adrenaline will be flowing as i get online for my daughters.....

Elton John at Wembley stadium in the summer of 1975 was my first ever gig... Maybe Reg on the farm could be my last..??

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, BlueDaze said:

I have publicly said the same..

whilst 2019 was probably one of my favourites, i was absolutely broken... Arthritic knees (left one in particular) have never really recovered. My wife has already said 2019 was her last. We have Bearded Theory for 2022 and that is a gentle stroll in comparison.

However, last week NHS confirmed i am on the waiting list for knee replacement and when April comes around (if i am successfully bionic) i just know the adrenaline will be flowing as i get online for my daughters.....

Elton John at Wembley stadium in the summer of 1975 was my first ever gig... Maybe Reg on the farm could be my last..??

last ever gig ? or last ever festival ? 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, BlueDaze said:

I have publicly said the same..

whilst 2019 was probably one of my favourites, i was absolutely broken... Arthritic knees (left one in particular) have never really recovered. My wife has already said 2019 was her last. We have Bearded Theory for 2022 and that is a gentle stroll in comparison.

However, last week NHS confirmed i am on the waiting list for knee replacement and when April comes around (if i am successfully bionic) i just know the adrenaline will be flowing as i get online for my daughters.....

Elton John at Wembley stadium in the summer of 1975 was my first ever gig... Maybe Reg on the farm could be my last..??

Emily can just go to hell, where I‘m concerned. Her festival is a joke and so is she!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

last ever gig ? or last ever festival ? 

well.... I could get away with last ever festival i suppose because Elton was a full day outside with the absolutely marvellous Beach Boys stealing the show and The Eagles also on the bill.... so a mini festival of sorts...

I am still enjoying gigs (knee pain aside) but i quite like the symmetry of it all..

Edit : I am talking bollox of course.. Watching live performance remains a huge part of my life, i cant see me giving that up.. and i really want to experience a different Glastonbury... a sober(ish) one, where i  get a head massage, make a staff and just bimble about the fringe stages all evening..

Edited by BlueDaze
talking rubbish
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...